Why Does Everyone Dislike USC?

Hearsay

I think I started a thread on this a year or two ago, but I am still bewildered, so here is another. Why doesn't anyone like them?

They are very successful. They do it despite being in one of the most competetive recruiting zones in the country. They have been accused of cheating a couple of times, but nothing ever substantiated. Certainly have not been accused of any more than several SEC teams that seem to be favorites on here.

With a couple of exceptions, their players seem to stay fairly clean. They are under perhaps more media scrutiny than any other team in the country, yet they still seem to hold up pretty well.

They get excited about football, and make it fun. Their coach gets excited, too. They don't make excuses when they lose, and I have always known them to be gracious in victory. They do only a minimal amount of "celebrating," particularly when compared to some of the other more "gyrating" schools in the country.

I have liked them since Rodney Peete was their quarterback, so I've suffered through some lean years.

Tell me what you don't like about the Trojans.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Trojans...other than UK they're my favorite team and have been since the late '80's when Rodney Peete was their QB.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch them much in the early and mid 90's because they weren't very good so they weren't televised that much...I jumped on the Steve Spurrier bandwagon during that time:D , which is why I like South Carolina so much now.

How did you like the way I tied both the USC's in there and how they're two of my favorites besides the Wildcats? :lol:

I think most people are the same...if it's not a team they really like, sustained big time success will make you dislike them. At least, that's how I've always been...

The Cowboys, for instance...I kinda liked them when Aikman and Emmitt first got going, but after they dominated for 4 or 5 years, I couldn't stand them. :lol:

NY Yankees...same deal...I didn't mind them so much until they started winning all the time.

My personal reasons for hating USC:

1. They win a ton of games. That takes the fun out of sports for me. I hate it when teams go back to back. Cant stand the Patriots or the Spurs for this reason.

2. They are never the underdog. Typically when a game is being played not involving UK, I always root for the under dog. I live for the upset. Naturally, I am always rooting against USC because virtually every game they play they are the favorites.

I've always been like this. My best example would be the Patriots. I honestly cant say I dislike one single player on the team. I always hope Brady does well and this year I hope Moss blows up, but as a team I wish they wouldnt win a game for a few years.

I think most people are the same...if it's not a team they really like, sustained big time success will make you dislike them. At least, that's how I've always been...

The Cowboys, for instance...I kinda liked them when Aikman and Emmitt first got going, but after they dominated for 4 or 5 years, I couldn't stand them. :lol:

NY Yankees...same deal...I didn't mind them so much until they started winning all the time.

If that's all it is, then I'm O.K. with it, it would be natural.

If, on the other hand, everyone says they are cheaters, then I've got issues while they sit there and claim they support Oklahoma, Nebraska, Ohio St., Auburn, LSU, or similar schools scandalized by problems, and watch them run to the defense.

My personal reasons for hating USC:

1. They win a ton of games. That takes the fun out of sports for me. I hate it when teams go back to back. Cant stand the Patriots or the Spurs for this reason.

2. They are never the underdog. Typically when a game is being played not involving UK, I always root for the under dog. I live for the upset. Naturally, I am always rooting against USC because virtually every game they play they are the favorites.

I've always been like this. My best example would be the Patriots. I honestly cant say I dislike one single player on the team. I always hope Brady does well and this year I hope Moss blows up, but as a team I wish they wouldnt win a game for a few years.

Fair enough. If this stealing signs scandal goes far enough, you may get your wish.:D

Well I am a ND and well there is no way I should like USC, and well I use to hate USC. But ever since Pete Carroll took over, I have kind of liked them. I just really like style of football they play, and it just looks fun. I know I love the way Pete Carroll coaches, and I believe he probably would have to be the best coach to play for as far as being good in football and also having fun while doing it...

Fair enough. If this stealing signs scandal goes far enough, you may get your wish.:D

Very true. I lit up when I heard about it. Made my day.

It really blows my mind sometimes that I have this hatred for the Pats. As I said, I really like every individual player on the team. I even like Bill Belichik, the man wears sweats and a hoodie to the games and I can respect that.

I have Moss' jersey from Marshall, Minesota and Oakland but it stops here. I cant make myself buy a Pats jersey.

I like USC, just not this season because I don't think they are the #1 team in the country and everyone on ESPN think's so. But they are always a top 3 or 5 team every year. Which is good, but like many said people love to cheer for the underdog and USC is very far from an underdog.