Why Does Everyone Dislike USC?

Hearsay

They are also my favorite team next to UK. I usually pick my second fave based on the coach. I became a Florida fan because of Spurrier. I still like the Gators, but it is not the same without The Ol' Ball Coach.

I like USC now because of Pete Carroll. Growing up in the 70's I was an Oklahoma fan because I liked Barry Switzer.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've like USC ever since I went to a game at the Coliseum about 7 years ago. Cool place, great atmosphere (within the boundaries of the school) and the best intro I've EVER seen...

I think it's the Yankees factor.

1) They continuously win.

2) They continuously produce Heisman candidates.

3) It's LA and quite frankly people don't like it, unless they live there and

4) Like the Yankees they have the highest 'salary' in their respective sport...:D

Other than this week, I don't dislike USC at all. Growing up I liked them a lot because they were on the late afternoon game nearly every week (them or UCLA) and I thought their uniforms were awesome. Not to mention, guys like Seau and Lott weren't hard to root for.

I think people get sick of them winning, they get sick of hearing about what a genius Pete Carroll is, and the probably get sick of their run of stud (Heisman-type) players. But in general, I don't hate them and I don't know many folks that do.

Since Pete has arrived, I absolutley love USC. Same as with any other sport, College Football is better when your traditional powers are strong. With the exception of the Notre Dame game, I always root for USC. I love rooting for greatness/frontrunners.

I think I started a thread on this a year or two ago, but I am still bewildered, so here is another. Why doesn't anyone like them?

They are very successful. They do it despite being in one of the most competetive recruiting zones in the country. They have been accused of cheating a couple of times, but nothing ever substantiated. Certainly have not been accused of any more than several SEC teams that seem to be favorites on here.

With a couple of exceptions, their players seem to stay fairly clean. They are under perhaps more media scrutiny than any other team in the country, yet they still seem to hold up pretty well.

They get excited about football, and make it fun. Their coach gets excited, too. They don't make excuses when they lose, and I have always known them to be gracious in victory. They do only a minimal amount of "celebrating," particularly when compared to some of the other more "gyrating" schools in the country.

I have liked them since Rodney Peete was their quarterback, so I've suffered through some lean years.

Tell me what you don't like about the Trojans.

They are the Media and the BCS darlings, can do no wrong in their eyes.

I can't stand the arrogance of Pete Carroll :irked: - he kind of reminds me of Bill Clinton in a way :eek: .

USC is in California, above that it is in LA/Hollyweird. I can't stand the entire hollywood crowd and/or what the mainstream hollywood type stands for.

I am just not a fan of the "Pete Carroll" Reality Company. Did I mention that I can't stand him.

I am looking for anyday now for them to have ESPN stamped on their helmets and Jerseys.:rolleyes:

They are PAC10 and I just don't like that conference.