Dixie Heights 69 Simon Kenton 63

cSK made a nice eight point run to start the third quarter, cutting the Colonels lead to one. Dixe then stretched the lead back to nine to end the third. Hatton with 25 after not playng the first four minutes or so. Wigger played a nice game off the bench for DH. SK was led by Chambers with 25 and Barnes with 14. Stansbury had 14 for Dixie but didn't do much offensively until midway thru the third.

SK travels to South Oldham on Saturday night.

It's tough to beat Dixie on their home court with their recent acquired talent. The last time they lost at home was Feb. 2, 2010 against Holmes. I hope they can keep the streak alive! This is a different team without Pike and Trammel but equally as exiting and should be the favorite to win the 9th.

"Acquired talent?"

I think they mean Fox from The 14th region. I believe one of Hatton's AAU mates. Good player, not spectacular, but a good addition. Haven't seen Holy Cross or NewCath yet this year. But I'll take Dixie to take the 9th. Congrats on the win.

Acquiring talent seems to be a common theme recently in the 9th Region. Some schools just couldn't get enough legal guardians and addresses. I'm not talking about Dixie.

Dixie is a solid pick to win it but don't count out the HC Indians or the Holmes Bulldogs.

Love the blog! Nice to see schools post some updates and images after the games. Interesting to see a biblical verse listed on the blog!

I'm beginiing to think SK just may be the best in the 8th. I also agree with flames that Holy Cross is the best in the 9th followed closely by a strong Dixie team.