Most Iconic Characters of Fiction

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many, but for me one that stands out is Francie Nolan-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Another good one.

Some "couples" worthy of consideration:

Scarlett O'Hara/Rhett Butler

Sherlock Holmes/Watson

Jean Valjean/Javert

And a personal quirky favorite - Ignatius Reilly

Before it's all said and done I believe one of these three, if not all will be on the list.

Jon Snow

Daenerys Targaryen

Tywin Lannister

I've got it at about 2-1 he actually manages to finish this series before he drops dead.

[That's not fair, I'm just speaking out of frustration... but seriously dude, hurry up with those books.]

Here are some characters not mentioned yet that should be: The Creature Frankenstein, Robinson Crusoe, Captain Ahab, Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, Alice (in Wonderland), Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,

For me, not necessarily the most iconic for everyone but my favorites are Bilbo Baggins, Atticus Finch, Captain Nemo and Howard Roark.

To be honest, I don't read fiction other than comic books or Star Wars too often. So I couldn't name most of mine.

Fool from The Twelfth Night. Awesome dude.

To quote the little ugly mutant dude from Total Recall, "Open your mind."biggrin.gif

I'm curious why everyone chose who they did. So, what are everyone's reasons?

For me, I read a Tree Grows in Brooklyn for the first time when I was about 9. I could relate to just about everything she experienced in the story, to some degree. She was a girl about my own age who was strong and could overcome her troubles and trials and triumph in the end.