Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carson Palmer traded to the Raiders

Featured Replies

For those saying smart move by Brown, I say Brown feel backwards into dog crap and came out smelling like a rose. He has handled this terribly and got lucky that the Raiders stupid moves didn't die with Davis. Palmer isn't worth 1 first rounder much less possibly 2. No chance any other team in the league gives that up for him except maybe the Bengals. I believe trading their first round pick next year basically eliminates the Raiders from draft day 2012.

 

I think you are absolutley right on this one. Let's see how Mikey Brown screws up the presser instead of biting the bullet and saying all the right things. He needs butts in those empty seats and saying the right things here could go a long way to helping that problem.

  • Replies 250
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a great move for both teams. The Raiders have been winning with JC as QB, they'll be improved greatly with CP. From the "it's better to be lucky than good" department, great move on Mikey's part. I wonder if there was a conversation in the Raider's office that began with, "what would Al (dad) do?..."

CP is already in Oakland taking a physical.

CP is already in Oakland taking a physical.

 

Apparently the trade happened last night. He probably woke up today knowing he was flying to Oakland.

Great move for the Bengals!!!

 

I hope Carson Palmer plays well though, he's a big reason for the small amounts of success that our city saw over the past several years.

 

I know the guy on the bottom of the waiver wire in my fantasy league, whose desperate for a QB is pumped!

Conditional pick is 2nd round pick worst case.

 

I still can't believe this happened. However, Oakland was desperate for a quarterback; they are currently 4-2 getting ready for divisional play and Boller is horrible, which I believe had a lot to do with it. A guaranteed first round pick for next year and nothing short of a second round pick the next year is a lot for Palmer. Cincinnati really has a chance to load up if they are smart with the draft picks. I am not shocked that Palmer got traded, I figured it was going to happen sooner or later, but I never thought for what they got out of him.

An assist to Bengal fans who have been boycotting the home games. Those empty seats had alot to do with Mike B. pulling the trigger. Occupy PBS. :thumb:

An assist to Bengal fans who have been boycotting the home games. Those empty seats had alot to do with Mike B. pulling the trigger. Occupy PBS. :thumb:

 

Wrong. Everything to do with first round pick.

It can be argued it's a good move for Oakland. I'm not as down on CP as many are. The Raiders FINALLY have a decent season going in a division that isn't strong so they can compete for a playoff spot. We always say you take the shot when you have it and Oakland has it. They're going for it.
Here is why I do not think it's a good move for them, at all.

 

- I'm very down on CP. Just don't think he is that good.

- I guess they could make the playoffs, but I don't see them doing anything if they do.

- A 1st and at least a 2nd is too damaging for a mediocre QB. Normally

Palmer doesn't have to carry the Raiders. Run DMC is already doing that. He just has to be solid.

 

Exactly, the Raiders just gave up a definite first round, and maybe another, for a glorified Trent Dilfer...Brown did well on this one.

I think it's a good move for all concerned. Palmer is still a decent enough QB. 4000 yards, 26 tds, 20 int and an 82 QB rating last year is a big improvement over many starting quarterbacks in the league. That was with all the drama involved on last years team. He will give Oakland a chance at the playoffs. Bengals make it official (for anyone still wondering), that this is Dalton's team and they get two high draft picks in the process. Now, if they just do something with those two picks it will be the icing on the cake.

Conditional pick in 2013 is 1st rounder if Raiders win 1 playoff game or it's a 2nd rounder

How much salary is Palmer getting on his contract? Did the Bengals have to eat any of it to make the deal happen?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.