Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carson Palmer traded to the Raiders

Featured Replies

Well...bad news for Raider fans that hoped new management would be better. This is as dumb as anything Al Davis ever did in the last decade.

 

I wouldn't go that far...he did draft Mike Mitchell with a 2nd Round Pick. And I loosely quote Mel Kiper, "I have scouted and watched thousands of players and I can honestly say I have never heard of Michael Mitchell."
He only wasted a 2nd round pick on Mitchell. This will be a wasted 2nd Round AND 1st Round...at least.
  • Replies 250
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one am super happy! Good for Carson, good for the Raiders and good for the Bengals (although I personally think that it's too early to tell on the Bengals).

It's being said that Raiders coach Hue Jackson had a lot to do with Brown softening on his stance of not trading Palmer. Thanks Hue!

If Palmer gets that much in a trade then I can't even begin to imagine what Luck would demand.

I for one am super happy! Good for Carson, good for the Raiders and good for the Bengals (although I personally think that it's too early to tell on the Bengals).

 

How can this be anything but good for the Bengals? Even if both their picks stink it's still good for the Bengals.

^ He looks like he is 50.

 

Poor Carson, looks like he didn't have enough to spring for the good Timex...

He only wasted a 2nd round pick on Mitchell. This will be a wasted 2nd Round AND 1st Round...at least.

 

I'm not sure they will be considered wasted if Carson takes them to a divisional title/playoffs.

 

I just wanted to bring up Mike Mitchell because my roommate and I were just talking about that draft pick the other day. Didn't realize he was still on the team.

How can this be anything but good for the Bengals? Even if both their picks stink it's still good for the Bengals.
Well, I don't know that I think the Bengals have staying power THIS year, and wonder about who they may pick with their stellar picks they've traded Palmer for. It's great to get a first round pick in return, but the value is in the player picked relative tot he needs of the team, and his eventual productivity. It's not in the # of the pick.
Well...bad news for Raider fans that hoped new management would be better. This is as dumb as anything Al Davis ever did in the last decade.

 

This was a great deal by Mike Brown. I didn't think he'd deal Carson. I wonder if Brown's attitude toward letting Palmer sit out actually forced Oakland to offer more than he was worth to get the Bengals to make the move.

 

It doesn't seem likely that Palmer will be able to significantly improve the Raiders in 2011. There's a chance that he could be rejuvinated back in Cali and provide them some solid play and leadership from the QB position over the next few years. Perhaps that is what they're hoping for, because they paid a steep price.

 

I still can't believe Mike Brown got a guaranteed first round and second round pick (potentially two firsts) for Carson Palmer. Here's to hoping Oakland wins a playoff game.

 

Don't know if it's been mentioned but how neat would it be for the Bengals to play Oakland first playoff game? Think MB would have Lewis sit some starters? :cool:

What's with all the "average at best" comments? What's wrong with that? That just means he's making more than he should, the Bengals got more value than they should, and Oakland overpaid. Unless you're an Oakland fan it's good all around, and Oakland obviously feels that average is the best they can do at this point in time. They're right on that point.

Well, I don't know that I think the Bengals have staying power THIS year, and wonder about who they may pick with their stellar picks they've traded Palmer for. It's great to get a first round pick in return, but the value is in the player picked relative tot he needs of the team, and his eventual productivity. It's not in the # of the pick.

 

Addition by subtraction IMO. Locker room is clear of any and all distraction.

He only wasted a 2nd round pick on Mitchell. This will be a wasted 2nd Round AND 1st Round...at least.

 

:thumb:

 

Whether you believe Carson is average, below average, could be above average in the right situation is irrelevant. He wasn't worth the price Oakland paid. Surely nobody would argue that.

 

The only way Oakland gets its value back in this deal is if Carson takes them to a Super Bowl. This is a trade teams make when they think they've found the last piece to the Super Bowl puzzle. Not to get a stopgap QB.

 

Palmer may surprise us and go Rich Gannon on the league. Then it would be a good deal.

It just comes down to a few things. The first thing is that the main people who thought he was no good is Bengal fans. Most people around the NFL realize that even though he is not an elite QB like we thought he would be, he is still a good QB to have and can win with in the right situation. Then secondly with the Raiders needing a QB, and Mike Brown taking such a hard stance on not trading Carson. It made the Raiders have to offer A LOT to get him. I even admit at best I thought the Bengals could get a 1st round pick at best. I am happy as can be that they got possibly two now.

 

According to the way that many others have reacted to the situation over the day, I have to disagree with that. Many have been questioning it seeming to think that this is more beneifcial to the Bengals, which I agree with. I hope that Carson does well with Oakland, but I am much more optimistic about Cincinnati's future.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.