October 18, 201114 yr The Raiders were backed into a corner. This week they were working out some of the biggest scrub QBs in the league. They really had no choice but to pursue Palmer.
October 18, 201114 yr Didnt think I'd see this happen, til maybe next year (Seattle if they didn't get Luck). But, honestly, I'm glad for both sides. I think Carson's still got something in the tank...and I'm glad the Bengals got something good in return. Now Cincy can put this behind them and stop having to answer questions about it.
October 18, 201114 yr Wonder if the 2013 pick has to do with whether or not Palmer takes them to the playoffs this season.
October 18, 201114 yr Palmer doesn't have to carry the Raiders. Run DMC is already doing that. He just has to be solid.
October 18, 201114 yr The first first-round pick is in 2012 and the other is a conditional first-round pick in 2013. Are you kidding me? We could get 2 1st round picks for this guy? I never dreamed they would get one first round pick for him.
October 18, 201114 yr The real question is, does anyone have definitive proof that Al Davis is actually dead?
October 18, 201114 yr The real question is, does anyone have definitive proof that Al Davis is actually dead? He and Tupac must be living it up somewhere...
October 18, 201114 yr The real question is, does anyone have definitive proof that Al Davis is actually dead? He's definitely dead... Otherwise those picks would be heading to Seattle for Tarvaris Jackson's speed.
October 18, 201114 yr Someone tweeted that had that trade happened in a Fantasy League all of the other guys would have complained to the commissioner. The Bengals are being credited with a swindle/heist/theft on this one.
October 18, 201114 yr Thank goodness Bowie Kuhn is not the commish or he might void this trade. Old school reference above.
October 18, 201114 yr For those saying smart move by Brown, I say Brown feel backwards into dog crap and came out smelling like a rose. He has handled this terribly and got lucky that the Raiders stupid moves didn't die with Davis. Palmer isn't worth 1 first rounder much less possibly 2. No chance any other team in the league gives that up for him except maybe the Bengals. I believe trading their first round pick next year basically eliminates the Raiders from draft day 2012.
October 18, 201114 yr For those saying smart move by Brown, I say Brown feel backwards into dog crap and came out smelling like a rose. He has handled this terribly and got lucky that the Raiders stupid moves didn't die with Davis. Palmer isn't worth 1 first rounder much less possibly 2. No chance any other team in the league gives that up for him except maybe the Bengals. I believe trading their first round pick next year basically eliminates the Raiders from draft day 2012. The NFL is all about bottom-line results. MB won this one.
October 18, 201114 yr Matt Berry has lost his mind: @MatthewBerryTMR: Never been a huge Palmer fan, but he'll be a decent fantasy QB for deeper lgs, 2 QB lgs etc. Helps DHB, Ford, Moore, DMC, etc. Good move, Oak "Good move, Oak"?!?!?! What planet is he on?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.