Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carson Palmer traded to the Raiders

Featured Replies

I agree with your point that Carson "retiring" added an element to this situation that was not present when Mike B. turned down Daniel Schneider's offer for Chad. In my opinion, the most significant difference (that prompted Mike B. to pass in '08 and act in '11) was the string of consecutive sellouts that was in place in 2008 and the loss of the season ticket base + tens of thousands of empty seats in 2011. Follow the dollar.

 

See if what your saying is true, then he would have just traded him before the season. Before the season started he knew there would be thousands of empty seats. Most stadiums fill up due to season ticket holders, and he knew before the season that thousands gave them up. So if what your saying is true, then he would have before the season. It was well known that attendance would be ugly to start this year.

 

This trade has nothing to do with the empty seats, it has to do with the value they got pure and simple.

  • Replies 250
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Raiders Super Bowl odds went from 30/1 to 20/1 today. Any idea who they picked up?

 

People got on me saying I am Palmer lover. But the thing I said backing him up were true, and most people around the league see that. The main people who believe he is no good, is just Bengal fans. Bengal fans who never look at the whole picture. They saw 20 interceptions, and decided well he just sucks. When that is not the case, and most people in the league know that. He is not an elite QB, but he is a good QB to have in this league.

Will Palmer be ready for this Sunday's game against KC? Oakland is on bye week 8, pretty good situation to have him ready for 2nd half of the season

I about fell out of my chair. What a coup for the organization.

 

I was in disbelief when I heard this earlier too. I still don't know how Palmer went for a first round draft pick and potentially another. One first round pick would have been plenty for me. Oakland must be really hungry for a division title to give up draft picks all the way up to the fifth round. This is also good for Palmer with wanting to be back out west; definitely a win-win for the Bengals and Palmer.

Well...bad news for Raider fans that hoped new management would be better. This is as dumb as anything Al Davis ever did in the last decade.

 

This was a great deal by Mike Brown. I didn't think he'd deal Carson. I wonder if Brown's attitude toward letting Palmer sit out actually forced Oakland to offer more than he was worth to get the Bengals to make the move.

 

It doesn't seem likely that Palmer will be able to significantly improve the Raiders in 2011. There's a chance that he could be rejuvinated back in Cali and provide them some solid play and leadership from the QB position over the next few years. Perhaps that is what they're hoping for, because they paid a steep price.

 

I still can't believe Mike Brown got a guaranteed first round and second round pick (potentially two firsts) for Carson Palmer. Here's to hoping Oakland wins a playoff game.

I was in disbelief when I heard this earlier too. I still don't know how Palmer went for a first round draft pick and potentially another. One first round pick would have been plenty for me. Oakland must be really hungry for a division title to give up draft picks all the way up to the fifth round. This is also good for Palmer with wanting to be back out west; definitely a win-win for the Bengals and Palmer.

 

Kolb went for a 2nd rounder and a pro bowl caliber corner who was only 25 or 26 years old. CP is better than Kolb.

I was in disbelief when I heard this earlier too. I still don't know how Palmer went for a first round draft pick and potentially another. One first round pick would have been plenty for me. Oakland must be really hungry for a division title to give up draft picks all the way up to the fifth round. This is also good for Palmer with wanting to be back out west; definitely a win-win for the Bengals and Palmer.

 

Well...bad news for Raider fans that hoped new management would be better. This is as dumb as anything Al Davis ever did in the last decade.

 

This was a great deal by Mike Brown. I didn't think he'd deal Carson. I wonder if Brown's attitude toward letting Palmer sit out actually forced Oakland to offer more than he was worth to get the Bengals to make the move.

 

It doesn't seem likely that Palmer will be able to significantly improve the Raiders in 2011. There's a chance that he could be rejuvinated back in Cali and provide them some solid play and leadership from the QB position over the next few years. Perhaps that is what they're hoping for, because they paid a steep price.

 

I still can't believe Mike Brown got a guaranteed first round and second round pick (potentially two firsts) for Carson Palmer. Here's to hoping Oakland wins a playoff game.

 

It just comes down to a few things. The first thing is that the main people who thought he was no good is Bengal fans. Most people around the NFL realize that even though he is not an elite QB like we thought he would be, he is still a good QB to have and can win with in the right situation. Then secondly with the Raiders needing a QB, and Mike Brown taking such a hard stance on not trading Carson. It made the Raiders have to offer A LOT to get him. I even admit at best I thought the Bengals could get a 1st round pick at best. I am happy as can be that they got possibly two now.

He is an average QB nothing more nothing less. The Raiders got fleeced.

Kolb went for a 2nd rounder and a pro bowl caliber corner who was only 25 or 26 years old. CP is better than Kolb.

 

Which just goes to show that most people especially on here only look at what they see and not the big picture. Most people on here were saying Kolb definitely would be better to have. While Kolb had something like 6 career starts, and played in a system that every QB does well in. While Palmer played in a bad system, for a bad franchise, and receivers who cared about other things. Very few times do people on here look at everything involved in how a player does. Palmer is definitely better. I do think it will be hard for him to do well for at least a month, since he is joining a new team and new system.

He is an average QB nothing more nothing less. The Raiders got fleeced.

 

That is the opinion for most around here, actually most seem to think worst than average. However the opinion around the league seems to be differen't. Most don't view him as elite, but do very him as better than average as you say.

Will Palmer be ready for this Sunday's game against KC? Oakland is on bye week 8, pretty good situation to have him ready for 2nd half of the season

 

I would have to think it would be hard for him to be ready before this Sunday's game. He has been out of football since January, and joining new players, and new scheme. So I think it would be hard for him to start Sunday, but who knows. They may be better off just throwing him out there, better than the other options they have. Even though I do like Palmer, I do think he would have been better off here. I think it will take a few games for him to do well, and it could cost them a chance of the playoffs because it will be hard coming this late into the season.

2010 - 4000 yards 26 TD 20 INT 4 fumbles lost QB rating of 82 that year and 86 for his career.

 

That screams average to me. I won't even count that 6 of those went for 6 on the other team.

Which just goes to show that most people especially on here only look at what they see and not the big picture. Most people on here were saying Kolb definitely would be better to have. While Kolb had something like 6 career starts, and played in a system that every QB does well in. While Palmer played in a bad system, for a bad franchise, and receivers who cared about other things. Very few times do people on here look at everything involved in how a player does. Palmer is definitely better. I do think it will be hard for him to do well for at least a month, since he is joining a new team and new system.

 

Correct, most on here can't make any objective factual statements regarding the Bengals because of the disdain they harbor for Mr. Brown. Lots of haters.

I would have to think it would be hard for him to be ready before this Sunday's game. He has been out of football since January, and joining new players, and new scheme. So I think it would be hard for him to start Sunday, but who knows. They may be better off just throwing him out there, better than the other options they have. Even though I do like Palmer, I do think he would have been better off here. I think it will take a few games for him to do well, and it could cost them a chance of the playoffs because it will be hard coming this late into the season.

 

I am guessing he will most likely start.

Well...bad news for Raider fans that hoped new management would be better. This is as dumb as anything Al Davis ever did in the last decade.

 

I wouldn't go that far...he did draft Mike Mitchell with a 2nd Round Pick. And I loosely quote Mel Kiper, "I have scouted and watched thousands of players and I can honestly say I have never heard of Michael Mitchell."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.