Zach Larimore starts practice monday for Mid-Continent Cougars

yes, he got a 10,000 dollar scholarship to be the starting shortstop for the varsity squad.

Talk to any college coach and I guarantee 10 of 10 say that no one has a starting spot until they prove they can play at the college level. Some good high school players cant catch up to the speed of the game the college game presents. Im not saying he wont be the starting shortstop im just saying that its not penciled in already that he is.

Talk to any college coach and I guarantee 10 of 10 say that no one has a starting spot until they prove they can play at the college level. Some good high school players cant catch up to the speed of the game the college game presents. Im not saying he wont be the starting shortstop im just saying that its not penciled in already that he is.

no offense to you but really why dont you give the kid a little credit and stop bashing on his parade cause he did sit out for almost 2 years and came out in the end with something good.

no offense to you but really why dont you give the kid a little credit and stop bashing on his parade cause he did sit out for almost 2 years and came out in the end with something good.

By no means am I bashing the kid all I said is that no body is penciled in at a starting position until a college coach has seen him play against college players at the college speed. I very well do think he could be the starting shortstop because he is an excellent baseball player.

• 2 weeks later...

heard from mom....first game was this past tues. double header against southern Illinois. First game zach played ss and second game he played 3rd base. Had a couple of good plays and hits. Seems tense but playing well. Today had another double header...played 3rd base first 3 innings then the rest ss. Looked much better today, seemed to be relaxed and playing the way he knows how.