NKY 2005 Football Player of the Year

bbleser

Ellison should get it. I know it gets old but it's the truth: Diehl didn't play the competition that Ellison did, not to mention the fact that Diehl didn't do anything against Ellison's squad. Also, in my opinion, Ellison is simply the better of the two.

Its hard for some of us who saw Diehl against CCH to get that poor performance out of our head. To me, that was his chance to show everyone that he can do it against the top-notch comp and , unfortunately for him, he didn't get it done.

Very good player - just not #1.

Its hard for some of us who saw Diehl against CCH to get that poor performance out of our head. To me, that was his chance to show everyone that he can do it against the top-notch comp and , unfortunately for him, he didn't get it done.

Very good player - just not #1.

You can't hold the performance by a entire team on one persons shoulders.He is a very good player and every bit as good and deserving as anyone even Ellison.Ellison was on a better team and got a chance to shine.All Sammy got was that ring.(LOL)

You can't hold the performance by a entire team on one persons shoulders.He is a very good player and every bit as good and deserving as anyone even Ellison.Ellison was on a better team and got a chance to shine.All Sammy got was that ring.(LOL)

Two points:

1. I think even Diehl will tell you that he played poorly and made poor decisions against CCH. It had nothing to do with teammates.

2. Each and every player that is to be considered for the POY would trade Diehl that trophy for the big trophy that he and his boys now possess.

As CovCath demonstrated when they creamed NCC this year, winning 1A does not really equate to being the best in NKY. If Diehl is in fact a better player than CCH's Ellison, then he should win it. NCC's winning 1A should not work to the detriment of Ellison or Guidugli, in my opinion.

My vote would go to Ellison. If I got to pick one player in NKY that I could have on my favorite team, it would be him.

well put :thumb:

Who all made the NKY top 24 this year?

Cov Cath will be represented by Drew Ellison and Sean McGee.

My vote would be Ellison POY with Sammy Deihl as a Brian Williams "That’s My Boy" finalist.

Congratulations to all "24" on their selection for an outstanding year as recognized by the Northern Ky. Coach's Association.

I believe the "That's My Boy finalists were Lance Durbin, Conner, Mike Damico, Simon Kenton, Marcus Davis, Boone County

That's correct I thought they chose five but these three young men we chosen last night. Congradulations.

2005 Top "24"

Eric Sawyer - Beechwood

Josh Schmitz - Bellevue

Lincoln Adams - Bellevue

Marcus Davis - Boone County

Anthony Kammer - Boone County

Hunter Craig - Campbell County

Matt Sauerbeck- Campbell County

Lance Durbin - Conner

Drew Ellison - Covington Catholic

Sean McGee - Covington Catholic

Ryan Polly - Dayton

Ryan Athley - Dixie Heights

Ben Guidugli - Highlands

Dana Riley - Holy Cross

Duran Jefferson - Holmes

Zach Woodward - Lloyd

Chase King - Ludlow

James Thomas - Newport

Sam Diehl - Newport Catholic

Justin Smith - Newport Catholic

Tyler Madlom - Ryle

Kyle Finn - Scott

Brent Bishop - Simon Kenton

Andrew Damico - Simon Kenton

Coach of the Year - Dave Eckstein - Bellevue

Owen Hauck Award - Troy Styer - Campbell County

A special recognition award was given to Coach Bob Schneider for his achievement of most wins ever Ky. High School Coach this year.