NKY 2005 Football Player of the Year

bbleser

Wouldn't Diehl win this hands down with NCC winning state?

As CovCath demonstrated when they creamed NCC this year, winning 1A does not really equate to being the best in NKY. If Diehl is in fact a better player than CCH's Ellison, then he should win it. NCC's winning 1A should not work to the detriment of Ellison or Guidugli, in my opinion.

My vote would go to Ellison. If I got to pick one player in NKY that I could have on my favorite team, it would be him.

As CovCath demonstrated when they creamed NCC this year, winning 1A does not really equate to being the best in NKY. If Diehl is in fact a better player than CCH's Ellison, then he should win it. NCC's winning 1A should not work to the detriment of Ellison or Guidugli, in my opinion.

My vote would go to Ellison. If I got to pick one player in NKY that I could have on my favorite team, it would be him.

Good point! But how do you determine who's better b/w Ellison and Diehl? I wouldn't say Diehl gets it b/c of winning state, but how he performed throughout the entire year and the playoffs.

Good point! But how do you determine who's better b/w Ellison and Diehl? I wouldn't say Diehl gets it b/c of winning state, but how he performed throughout the entire year and the playoffs.

That's not a homer opinion is it? :laugh:

Seriously though, either would be a good choice in my book.

Who does everyone think the NKY 2005 Football Player of the Year be? Sam Diehl?

There are multiple POYs and All-Star teams and COY named by various sources.

Some have already been voted on and announced as they only take into account regular season play.

Some sources break it down by four classes, some three classes, some two, some one.

Who all made the NKY top 24 this year?

From the KY Post:

TOP 24 AWARDS - Northern Kentucky high school football coaches will have their annual Top 24 Awards banquet Wednesday at Receptions in Erlanger.

One player from each of the 18 teams in Northern Kentucky will receive an award along with six other players selected at random.

The coaches will also name the finalists for the Brian Williams That's My Boy Award at the banquet.

The annual award goes to the top student-athlete in Northern Kentucky high school football based on a rating system that awards points for football participation, academic accomplishments and community involvement.

Two coaches will also be honored. One of them will be named Coach of the Year and another will receive the Owen Hauck Award that's given to a coach who makes a major advancement with his program.

COACHES AWARDS - NewCath senior quarterback Sam Diehl was named Player of the Year in the local Class A district by the Kentucky Football Coaches Association.

The other district winners are Lloyd senior quarterback Jeremy Addington in Class AA, Covington Catholic senior quarterback Drew Ellison in Class AAA and Campbell County senior linebacker Matt Sauerback in Class AAAA.

The four district Coach of the Year awards went to Dave Eckstein of Bellevue, John Schlarman of Newport, Dale Mueller of Highlands and Tom Spritzky of Dixie Heights.

Ellison should get it. I know it gets old but it's the truth: Diehl didn't play the competition that Ellison did, not to mention the fact that Diehl didn't do anything against Ellison's squad. Also, in my opinion, Ellison is simply the better of the two.