Koran burning pastor

Why does it have to be a % of blame affixed? Aren't both as guilty?

The insidious barbarians who perpetrated this act of violence on people who weren't even the real reason for their hostility and anger, they are definitely to blame.

But what about the one who chose to make this a media event despite pleas from others (especially in the Christian community) to not do this thing? He is likewise to blame or the above doesn't happen that day, at that moment for that event.

If the pastor of this event wanted to burn a Koran out of respect for his Judeo-Christian God, why not within the walls of his church without the cameras on? Why not in the back yard of his house without film rolling?

Why did he not do it in Kandahar, instead of Gainsville?

Why? Because IMO it wasn't to honor the "one true God" but it was to honor himself and his own inflated sense of self-worth.

Making him a true gutless wonder.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it have to be a % of blame affixed? Aren't both as guilty?.

I'm not going to say that someone who burns a Koran and the people that killed others over it because they did not like it are in the same boat. If a muslim in the middle east burned a bible or burned the American flag yelling " Death to America!!" and someone over here kills Muslims from the middle east over it, I'm not going to blame the muslim more so than the people that did the killing.

We have the right to protest, even ignorant protests and we should so around the world, we do not however, have the right to murder.

Why does it have to be a % of blame affixed? Aren't both as guilty?
Hatz, I understand and share your concerns for missionaries around the globe, and the jeopardy they face when clowns like Jones seek their own magnification above Christ’s. There is no good excuse for what he has done. This is a valid point able to stand on its own.

My broader point is that simply by acknowledging your words, we depart any semblance of political correctness insisting that Islam is nothing more than a “religion of peace”. There is a clear understanding by many actually out in the Muslim nations around the world that any offense to the prophet or the book will almost automatically result in violence and death, very often to those that had absolutely nothing to do with causing the offense.

I have no doubt there are many Muslims who prefer peace, but that does nothing to disarm the many who justify violent jihad against infidels with ample support in the teachings of the prophet and his present day imams.

It is impossible to solve problems by denying they exist, or by recasting them and insisting they are something else. Political correctness is not a more polite way of saying and doing things. It is willful ignorance leading to feebleness.

Hatz, I understand and share your concerns for missionaries around the globe, and the jeopardy they face when clowns like Jones seek their own magnification above Christ’s. There is no good excuse for what he has done. This is a valid point able to stand on its own.

My broader point is that simply by acknowledging your words, we depart any semblance of political correctness insisting that Islam is nothing more than a “religion of peace”. There is a clear understanding by many actually out in the Muslim nations around the world that any offense to the prophet or the book will almost automatically result in violence and death, very often to those that had absolutely nothing to do with causing the offense.

I have no doubt there are many Muslims who prefer peace, but that does nothing to disarm the many who justify violent jihad against infidels with ample support in the teachings of the prophet and his present day imams.

It is impossible to solve problems by denying they exist, or by recasting them and insisting they are something else. Political correctness is not a more polite way of saying and doing things. It is willful ignorance leading to feebleness.

Again, you have hit the nail on the head.