Unwelcome: The Muslims Next Door

Why does what they want trump over what I want. I AM AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE AND HOMOSEXUALS PERIOD. Why are they so special that they get treated better than a straight person, why. Why should they get special treatment.

I am completely flabbergasted by this statement. It's a completely selfish and uninspired argument. It can be thrown right back at you (with far greater veracity). Why does what you want trump their desires?

Secondly, no one has asked for special treatment. They've been asked to enjoy the same freedoms and rights as their straight counterparts. No more, no less.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's really ironic about his statement....He's arguing that no one is allowed anything in America anymore while at the same time, arguing that Muslims (who are American citizens) shouldn't be "coming in" and that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed the same benefits as straight people....Hate speak, that's all he spews RM.

Not to mention, he's completely ignoring his participation as indicative of one of the greatest (IMO) rights of all...his right to spew such rhetoric without retribution. I'm just sayin'....

Why does what they want trump over what I want. I AM AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE AND HOMOSEXUALS PERIOD. Why are they so special that they get treated better than a straight person, why. Why should they get special treatment.

I just read through this whole thread, and this might be the most ignorant post I've read. The special treatment that you are speaking of is what people like yourself are giving them by not allowing them to live their life the way they choose, like you get too. I believe that if I ask a few homosexuals, they would say they don't want this special treatment that is being pressed on them. They want to be treated like everyone else!

Religious conflicts have been prevelant throughout history. But in my estimation, it's never truely about religion. It's about power. Religion is what people in power use to inspire the masses to fall in line and fight for them. But ultimately, power and riches (monetary or in terms of control) are the core of the conflicts.

I completely agree RM. All about Power.

I am completely flabbergasted by this statement. It's a completely selfish and uninspired argument. It can be thrown right back at you (with far greater veracity). Why does what you want trump their desires?

Secondly, no one has asked for special treatment. They've been asked to enjoy the same freedoms and rights as their straight counterparts. No more, no less.

have you never heard of GAY RIGHTS, where is straight rights. Gay parades, where are straight parades. Gays have pushed for Gay rights which singles them out as a seperate group. If they want to be treated the same then why have their Gay Rights. Are they not the same as anyone else? If so then why have GAY RIGHTS? You can make jokes about a straight person, but if you joke about a homosexual, then you are a hater and a hate crime. I will never be for gay rights,becasue it singles a group out for special rights. I will also never accept homosexuality as morally right either.

have you never heard of GAY RIGHTS, where is straight rights. Gay parades, where are straight parades. Gays have pushed for Gay rights which singles them out as a seperate group. If they want to be treated the same then why have their Gay Rights. Are they not the same as anyone else? If so then why have GAY RIGHTS? You can make jokes about a straight person, but if you joke about a homosexual, then you are a hater and a hate crime. I will never be for gay rights,becasue it singles a group out for special rights. I will also never accept homosexuality as morally right either.

So I guess it's safe to say that you are against Women's rights, Civil Rights, etc.?

Islam in America is going to be a problem in the coming years, and it's sad because the problems are start and end with the extremist. I am worried that more Muslims are extremist than we realize, I hope I am wrong on that, but it is a fear I have.

That's the problem. There's really no way to know on the surface. I believe that suicidal extremists make up a small percentage of Muslims in the world. But, how do you know the difference? The stakes are a lot higher when the result is a guy blowing up himself and others in a subway or similar public place. It is a difficult situation for all involved, IMO. It makes us suspicious or cautious of nearly all Arab Muslims because on the surface nothing necessarily distinguishes a suicide bomber from a normal Muslim. For them, the extremists make life more difficult.

I don't know what the solution is, or if there is one.

MJ, you spoke too soon. :lol: This post takes the ignorant post cake.

You do realize that gay rights is simply the name given to the movement to give homosexuals the same equal rights as straight people have, right? Name me one right/benefit homosexuals have that straight people don't. Name me one.

Civil Rights was for everyone, it isnt called Black Rights.

womens rights were for all women, which includes lesbians, so why do they need a sepereate GAY RIGHTS, they are already protected by Womens Rights.

Because they don't have the same rights as straight women. Not sure why you can't comprehend that. It's a very simplistic basic concept.

If I beat up a gay guy it is a hate crime. If a gay guy beats me up, big deal. HATE CRIME RULE.

If you all were in charge it would be the blind leading the blind. I can not believe how easy you all are in being blind. I heard value vision is haveing a sale on glasses.

Matthew Shepard Act, is an American Act of Congress, passed on October 22, 2009,[1] and signed into law by President Barack Obama on October 28, 2009,[2] as a rider to the National Defense Authorization Act for 2010 (H.R. 2647). Conceived as a response to the murders of Matthew Shepard , the measure expands the 1969 United States federal hate-crime law to include crimes motivated by a victim's actual or perceived gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.[3]

The bill also:

requires Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to track statistics on hate crimes against transgender people (statistics for the other groups are already tracked).[4]

The Act is the first federal law to extend legal protections to transgender persons.[5]

Hate Crime Statistics Act of 1990

The bill was signed into law in 1990 by George H. W. Bush, and was the first federal statute to "recognize and name gay, lesbian and bisexual people."[6] Since 1992, the Department of Justice and the FBI have jointly published an annual report on hate crime statistics.[7]

I do not see straight anywhere on this.

If I beat up a gay guy it is a hate crime. If a gay guy beats me up, big deal. HATE CRIME RULE.

If you all were in charge it would be the blind leading the blind. I can not believe how easy you all are in being blind. I heard value vision is haveing a sale on glasses.

Matthew Shepard Act, is an American Act of Congress, passed on October 22, 2009,[1] and signed into law by President Barack Obama on October 28, 2009,[2] as a rider to the National Defense Authorization Act for 2010 (H.R. 2647). Conceived as a response to the murders of Matthew Shepard , the measure expands the 1969 United States federal hate-crime law to include crimes motivated by a victim's actual or perceived gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.[3]

The bill also:

requires Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to track statistics on hate crimes against transgender people (statistics for the other groups are already tracked).[4]

The Act is the first federal law to extend legal protections to transgender persons.[5]

All of those are only part of the totality of the Acts and laws. You're deliberately lifting from context to make your argument.

Is it safe to say you have issues with the laws against discriminatory practices in hiring and employment?

All of those are only part of the totality of the Acts and laws. You're deliberately lifting from context to make your argument.

Is it safe to say you have issues with the laws against discriminatory practices in hiring and employment?

The best person deserves the job, white, black, green, gay, straight.

My arguement is yes Gays do have special protection, straight people dont. That is not fair. If you want fair rights, then why push for stuff like Gay rights