Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The new broadcast format: Thoughts and Concerns?

Featured Replies

Let's hear it, kudos, warts and all.

 

I spent most of the week at the Sweet 16, so my TV time has been limited.

 

My obvious complaint is not enough Gus Johnson. It is interesting hearing Marv Albert do an NCAA game. As usual, he's amazingly well-prepared to go with the great voice.

I like it a lot just for the simple fact that I can watch any game that I want to on tv and not have to watch any on the computer if the game in my area isnt the one I want to watch.

I love it. Don't you still get just as much, if not more Gus Johnson with this format? He's the best IMO, it's a shame he doesn't get to ever call the Final Four.

 

The new way makes it so you can watch what you want to watch, when you want to watch it. Maybe it takes away some of the magic, but they still break away for big moments, or at least it has seemed that way. I thought I'd hate this format but I absolutely love it. JMO.

Well, no complaint I have trumps the fact that I can choose which game to watch. To know that you can watch a game you are interested in or switch in the even of a blowout is very valuable. I imagine this is what having Sunday Ticket feels like during the NFL season.

 

My only major gripe is that in my market, truTV is not available in HD. It is bad enough that when I want to watch a truTV game I watch it on MMOD from my PC connected to the TV. It looks better that way than it does in the awful SD of cable. I've often told others that once you go to HD you can't watch anything else, and it still holds true. But really, that's a gripe for Insight rather than a gripe with the NCAA. I just wish it wasn't on such a crummy network that it wouldn't be available in HD. It's like when they had it on CBS College Sports.

Why are they calling todays games 3rd Round?

Because they are calling the play-in games the first round. I guess you can ignore one game as a round, but not four.

I think the public has really embraced the new format with ratings up 19% YOY. I know I have, its been great and I didn't have to buy the package this year.

Let's hear it, kudos, warts and all.

 

I spent most of the week at the Sweet 16, so my TV time has been limited.

 

My obvious complaint is not enough Gus Johnson. It is interesting hearing Marv Albert do an NCAA game. As usual, he's amazingly well-prepared to go with the great voice.

 

Well, they have cloned farm animals. :D

This move the NCAA got right.

This move the NCAA got right.

 

I think so too; I'm sure it's played a big impact on ratings in comparison to the way they were televised before.

I love it. Don't you still get just as much, if not more Gus Johnson with this format? He's the best IMO, it's a shame he doesn't get to ever call the Final Four.

 

That's what I thought. He is still announcing the same number of games as every other year, but now they are all televised.

 

I don't have any complaints about the new format. I know that a lot of people aren't thrilled with Charles Barkley being involved from complaints I've heard and read.

I love the new format. I don't see how the new format could have many detesters.

I love the new format. I don't see how the new format could have many detesters.
Only from the Law and Order, Tyler Perry, and World's Dumbest Criminals factions

It's been great...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.