March 21, 201115 yr This move the NCAA got right. Definitely agree. Love being able to watch all of the games & not having the annoying "live look-ins" that interrupt UK games. Also agree with whomever gave props to Marv Albert. He's done a fantastic job thus far.
March 21, 201115 yr Author I love it. Don't you still get just as much, if not more Gus Johnson with this format? He's the best IMO, it's a shame he doesn't get to ever call the Final Four. The new way makes it so you can watch what you want to watch, when you want to watch it. Maybe it takes away some of the magic, but they still break away for big moments, or at least it has seemed that way. I thought I'd hate this format but I absolutely love it. JMO. That's what I thought. He is still announcing the same number of games as every other year, but now they are all televised. I don't have any complaints about the new format. I know that a lot of people aren't thrilled with Charles Barkley being involved from complaints I've heard and read. Please refer to my comments in other threads w/re to cloning. Well, they have cloned farm animals. :thumb:
March 21, 201115 yr How could you not like being able to watch any game that is being played? I just wish that my Trutv feed was HD.
March 21, 201115 yr On a side note March Madness on Demand has 27M hits. 10M hours of online streaming. 36% of that was on an IPad or IPhone. In a recent survey 41% predicted more people will watch the tourney online than TV in 5 to 8 years. Before you scoff think back just 3 to 5 years ago and see if you would have predicted that 27M would come to a website to view games.
March 21, 201115 yr Could not be happier with the 4 channel format. Love, love, love it. As for Gus Johnson, if I never hear him again it would not bother me one bit. The screaming at every movement of the ball, hate, hate, hate it.
March 22, 201115 yr The new format is awesome. I also like how they spaced the games out so basically you are constantly able to watch the last five minutes of a game all day long. It's also nice for when you are watching a game you really want to watch there are no worries about them cutting away in a blowout. Jim, I think Gus is calling the same number of games as he always does.
March 22, 201115 yr Could not be happier with the 4 channel format. Love, love, love it. As for Gus Johnson, if I never hear him again it would not bother me one bit. The screaming at every movement of the ball, hate, hate, hate it. I'm not totally in your corner on this one, but I am not in awe of his calls either. To me when you listen to him-he basically yells (like you said) the guys name and then either it goes in or it doesn't. Nothing really great about that. He does get excited which I think is cool, but basically says "Jones rises up....ohhh", and everybody thinks thats awesome. That's what my 9 year old nephew does-same thing.
March 22, 201115 yr Author The new format is awesome. I also like how they spaced the games out so basically you are constantly able to watch the last five minutes of a game all day long. It's also nice for when you are watching a game you really want to watch there are no worries about them cutting away in a blowout. Jim, I think Gus is calling the same number of games as he always does. He should be doing more. Clone him and we don't have these problems ...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.