Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky/Ohio State Predictions

Who do you think wins this game? 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

    • Kentucky
      52%
      40
    • Ohio State
      47%
      36

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Koun Dog, Its not that I don't think that Knight is the real deal, but the fact that I think Craft is the real deal as well. Knight is a better scorer and I think Craft is a better defender. As far as handling the ball and finding the open man they are both pretty good. I am also not saying Knight is not a good defender either.

 

As far as the Harrelson/Sullenger matchup, I think if Harrelson plays behind him and just makes Sullenger shoot over top of him I think he will be fine. Sullenger is very good at using his body to set up the defender but as I said earlier does not have great lift so shooting over a taller defender with similar body weight is more difficult. I don't think Jones would even be an option if Harrelson gets in foul trouble, they would have to rely on minutes from Vargas. The same goes for OSU, If Sullenger gets in foul trouble they will have to rely on Lauderdale to give them productive minutes.

 

I got ya. I don't think by any stretch that Harrelson can handle Sullenger.

  • Replies 205
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might end up being a good game; I think there's more of a chance for it not to be. I'm taking the Buckeyes.

Our friends in Vegas set the line at four knowing that everyone would jump on O$U. I'm sure I'm reading too much into it but it certainly makes me feel more comfortable than if they set the line at seven or eight.

Nantz/Kellogg-Another shocker.

 

Ol' Spurtibility once again.

How would you defend Ohio State if you were coach Cal? Do you double down on Sully leaving 3 point shooters open? From my limited amounts of watching Ohio State I think they are pressable. I just wish we had the depth to really turn up the juice on them.

Koun Dog, Its not that I don't think that Knight is the real deal, but the fact that I think Craft is the real deal as well. Knight is a better scorer and I think Craft is a better defender. As far as handling the ball and finding the open man they are both pretty good. I am also not saying Knight is not a good defender either.

 

As far as the Harrelson/Sullenger matchup, I think if Harrelson plays behind him and just makes Sullenger shoot over top of him I think he will be fine. Sullenger is very good at using his body to set up the defender but as I said earlier does not have great lift so shooting over a taller defender with similar body weight is more difficult. I don't think Jones would even be an option if Harrelson gets in foul trouble, they would have to rely on minutes from Vargas. The same goes for OSU, If Sullenger gets in foul trouble they will have to rely on Lauderdale to give them productive minutes.

 

 

And he is also very good at using that body to knock defenders backwards and score. In the games I've seen him play this year if the refs would call charges on him he wouldn't be in the game very long.

Kentucky 72-70.

How would you defend Ohio State if you were coach Cal? Do you double down on Sully leaving 3 point shooters open? From my limited amounts of watching Ohio State I think they are pressable. I just wish we had the depth to really turn up the juice on them.

 

As I said in my earlier post, I only use Jones to double Sullinger. I don't want any of my guards doubling down and then giving open looks to the shooters. If Sullinger gets his 25 or even 30, so be it but if he does that and UK controls the three pointers, I think UK wins the game.

And he is also very good at using that body to knock defenders backwards and score. In the games I've seen him play this year if the refs would call charges on him he wouldn't be in the game very long.

 

You are correct his weight is in his rear end and he knows how to use it to get position. I think Thad will use Sully and Dallas to get Jorts in foul trouble and force Vargas in.

You are correct his weight is in his rear end and he knows how to use it to get position. I think Thad will use Sully and Dallas to get Jorts in foul trouble and force Vargas in.

 

:scared:

You are correct his weight is in his rear end and he knows how to use it to get position. I think Thad will use Sully and Dallas to get Jorts in foul trouble and force Vargas in.

 

That's what I'm trying to say, though. He uses his upper body and his rear end to bump the defender backwards, and then has an easy shot (Oscar Robertson perfected this move years ago, and he got away with it too). If Jorts will take the charge---fall down off the bump, Sulliger will be on the bench in a hurry. But the question is will the refs call it. They haven't so far this season.

One thing is for certain, Thad Matta will be chewing gum the whole time. Matta seems to be a good guy and has turned tOSU in to a great program, but he has always driven me nuts with the constant gum chewing for whatever reason.

Do you think Sullenger is that dumb if they call it on him once he will continue to do it? Sullenger is a very smart player with a great basketball IQ, you are not going to bait him into to many fouls. He plays solid defense and does not try to block to many shots. If I recall he has only fouled out of 1 game this year but I don't remember who it was against. I would guess that Jorts will be on the bench in foul trouble before Sullenger.

One thing is for certain, Thad Matta will be chewing gum the whole time. Matta seems to be a good guy and has turned tOSU in to a great program, but he has always driven me nuts with the constant gum chewing for whatever reason.

 

I think he sweats more than the players do as well!

I am hoping for an wanting to see U.K. pull the upset on OSU. That imo would take by far the best effort of the season for the Cats coupled with an off game for OSU. Hopefully they are due for a bad one but they are 34-2 and ranked #1 for a reason.

 

OSU by 10.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.