Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky/Ohio State Predictions

Who do you think wins this game? 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

    • Kentucky
      52%
      40
    • Ohio State
      47%
      36

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I hope UK but realistic OSU. Tourney time anybody can win and UK definatly can beat OSU. I just think OSU is the best team in the country. I think UK should have won it all last year and could next year. I think Sweet 16 is a good year for this team. Anything past that is a bonus especially after they got hosed with their seed and have to play the best team in America already.

  • Replies 205
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something else too. Everyone on here will tell me to 'get over it' (and I will in time), but my goodness I wish Kanter were eligible.

:cry: Darn hypocritical lowlife NCAA..:taz:

A lot of things have to happen for UK to win. The biggest one is that Harrelson has to stay out of foul trouble and keep Sullinger off the offensive board.

 

 

That's like saying I only have to eat healthy and exercise to lose weight.

Kentucky is 0-5 all time against the Buckeyes in the NCAA tournament. The losses came in 1987 (1st round), 1968 (Regional Final) 1961 (Regional Final) and 1945 (Sweet 16).

Kentucky is 0-5 all time against the Buckeyes in the NCAA tournament. The losses came in 1987 (1st round), 1968 (Regional Final) 1961 (Regional Final) and 1945 (Sweet 16).

 

Geez, here we go again with what happen in the past. In 1987 you weighed 180 lbs. What does that have to do with anything?

Geez, here we go again with what happen in the past. In 1987 you weighed 180 lbs. What does that have to do with anything?

 

 

A Kentucky fan not wanting to bring up the past. I've seen it all now. :lol::lol:

A Kentucky fan not wanting to bring up the past. I've seen it all now. :lol::lol:

 

All that matters is Friday. Who cares what happened in 1968?

All that matters is Friday. Who cares what happened in 1968?

 

And it will be UGLY come Friday.

The way the tourney is going as of late, this is anyone's game IMO.

The 1968 NCAA regional finals loss to the Buckeyes was in Memorial Coliseum. Cats shouldn't have lost that game. Ohio State had a player named Hoskins that was on fire that night. I can still see him hitting shots from the top of the key.

Gotta love the internet, here is the opening to the AP story of that 1968 game...

untitled.jpg

I think UK can make it a game. Finally the UK fans on here will actually have a reason to bash OSU if they win this game. Jared The Mayor and Big Dallas aren't going to be fun down low.

My head says Ohio State by about ten points.

 

My heart says Kentucky keeps this one close and its any one's game at the end.

 

Ohio State is older than us, has more bodies than UK, has the best big man in the game and probably nation. They run a rough and tough style of ball and go hard for the boards. They can shoot, they defend well, they play hard.

 

Still, UK has lots of talent. Brandon Knight will potentially be the best guard on the court (this is said without any disrespect to Lighty or any other Ohio State player). Terrence Jones isn't chopped liver, the kid has game, he is big, physical, and could be a huge factor throughout. UK has Doron Lamb and Darius Miller who are both talented scorers who can drop points in spurts. Josh Harrelson may not be Sullinger, but he is big, physical, and probably has practice against a center that ranks at or higher than Sullinger in Kanter everyday at practice. No I don't expect Josh to simply shut down the big man, but I do think given the right help defense Josh can contain him in spurts and give him some frustration. Deandre Liggins brings intense in your face defense, and has a long frame to keep shooters from getting off uncontested shots.

 

UK lacks the depth of big bodies down low and will have to play great all around team defense next friday. Furthermore, they will have to hits shots early and often as a team. What I'd like to see is a lot of going to the basket early to draw fouls and perhaps lull the Buckeyes into the paint and open some three pointers up. On defense I'd say defense by comittee. Josh has the frame to post up Sullinger, but Jones has the athleticism (when in the right mind set). Biggest keys for UK on defense is move their feet, hands up, no silly fouls, and REBOUND REBOUND REBOUND!!!

 

In the end i won't say if it will be enough or not. Its the NCAA Tournament. Anything can happen, no it would not be crazy to see UK win this one. As I said before, UK has a lot of talent on the court. It will be the little things such as hustle, turnovers, steals, assists, offensive rebounds, and simple desire that can really determine this one.

 

GO CATS1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.