Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky/Ohio State Predictions

Who do you think wins this game? 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

    • Kentucky
      52%
      40
    • Ohio State
      47%
      36

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I will pull for Kentucky to win for two reasons. I don't like Ohio State and I live in the state. Only reason I don't like pulling for Kentucky...the fans! :lol:

That being said I think Ohio State wins.

The feeling is mutual for why I can't like UL.

  • Replies 205
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lauderdale is a starter

 

He only averages 16.4 minutes a game. Behind Diebler (35min), Buford (32min), Lighty (32min), Sullinger (32min), and Craft (29min).

 

The top 5 tOSU players average more minutes per game than UK's top 5. (160 to 158)

Of course most of you are Kentucky homers and look at things through your blue and white glasses and I am an Ohio State homer and look at things through my scarlet and gray glasses, so here is my take. Lets start with Sullenger. He is a very difficult matchup for any team because of his size and his basketball IQ. Harrelson can be effective on defense if he uses his size and does not try to be a shot blocker, let the defender come form the weak side to do that. Sullenger does not have great lift but makes up for that with great hands and a soft touch. If UK tries to double him he will find the open guy and all the other players on the court are capable of hitting the three. Lauderdale will only be on the floor at the beginning of the game or if someone is in foul trouble. He is essentially the seventh man, behind Thomas. For those that think that UK has the better backcourt I just don't see it. Knight might score more points that Craft but craft is very good point guard and an excellent defender. He will hold his own against knight on both ends of the floor. As for the rest of the backcourt I would give the advantage to OSU with Buford, Diebler and Lighty over Lamb, Miller and Liggins. As far as the matchup of guarding Jones, I am not sure who OSU will have guard him but I would make him prove he can hit the outside shot before I would come out and defend him 20 feet from the basket. Both teams use a limited bench so if one team can get the other in foul trouble that could play a major role in the game. I will take my Buckeyes by double digits. This team can hurt you on the inside and outside and has plenty of experience to go along with the arguably the best interior player in the country and the best three point shooter in the country with Diebler. Craft is as steady as any point gurad in the country, Buford is an NBA two guard and Lighty is great defender and has shown he is a capable scorer as well. I don't expect them to shoot like they did against GM, but don't think they will have to. Sorry for such a long post.

More good news on the UK front. Skip Bayless has joined LRCW in picking OSU. I'm starting to like our chances.:D

 

I agree that the key is to stop the 3 point attack of OSU. I'm anxious to see how Harrelson does against Sullinger. All that practice time going against Kanter might pay huge dividends. Like I said earlier Jones is the matchup problem for the Buckeyes. He has to bring his A game for UK to have a chance.

So you pick your poison.

 

Double down on Sully and worry about the open shooter OR you take your chances with one man guarding Sully.

 

No good choice.

Of course most of you are Kentucky homers and look at things through your blue and white glasses and I am an Ohio State homer and look at things through my scarlet and gray glasses, so here is my take. Lets start with Sullenger. He is a very difficult matchup for any team because of his size and his basketball IQ. Harrelson can be effective on defense if he uses his size and does not try to be a shot blocker, let the defender come form the weak side to do that. Sullenger does not have great lift but makes up for that with great hands and a soft touch. If UK tries to double him he will find the open guy and all the other players on the court are capable of hitting the three. Lauderdale will only be on the floor at the beginning of the game or if someone is in foul trouble. He is essentially the seventh man, behind Thomas. For those that think that UK has the better backcourt I just don't see it. Knight might score more points that Craft but craft is very good point guard and an excellent defender. He will hold his own against knight on both ends of the floor. As for the rest of the backcourt I would give the advantage to OSU with Buford, Diebler and Lighty over Lamb, Miller and Liggins. As far as the matchup of guarding Jones, I am not sure who OSU will have guard him but I would make him prove he can hit the outside shot before I would come out and defend him 20 feet from the basket. Both teams use a limited bench so if one team can get the other in foul trouble that could play a major role in the game. I will take my Buckeyes by double digits. This team can hurt you on the inside and outside and has plenty of experience to go along with the arguably the best interior player in the country and the best three point shooter in the country with Diebler. Craft is as steady as any point gurad in the country, Buford is an NBA two guard and Lighty is great defender and has shown he is a capable scorer as well. I don't expect them to shoot like they did against GM, but don't think they will have to. Sorry for such a long post.

 

I certainly can see and agree with many of your thoughts. The Sullinger/Harrelson matchup is interesting. Harrelson is similiar in body size to Sullinger and a couple of inches taller so that might give Sullinger some problems. Don't take me wrong Sullinger is a far superior player but Harrelson won't be easy to bully around. I'm sorry but Craft is not near the player that Brandon Knight is. He is heady but Knight is the real deal.

So you pick your poison.

 

Double down on Sully and worry about the open shooter OR you take your chances with one man guarding Sully.

 

No good choice.

 

I think you double if Lauderdale is in the game otherwise you take your chances with Sulllinger beating your with 2's rather than everyone else with 3's.

 

OSU has the same issues. If Lighty is guarding Jones, as some have suggested, do you double off of Knight, Lamb, Miller, and Liggins? If not Jones should have some success inside.

I'm not seeing how some think Jorts can even come close to handling Sullinger. In the Vandy game at home, Cal decided to make the Dores beat us down low & by trying to lock down their shooters. I agreed with the strategy, but Ezeli ate Jorts up down low. Hope I'm wrong, because I love the Cats & I'm thrilled at how Jorts has played lately, but I'm not seeing any chance of Sullinger being stopped or limited by anyone in a UK uniform.

I'm not seeing how some think Jorts can even come close to handling Sullinger. .

 

It's the biggest concern.

I've heard several "experts" discuss UK needing to speed this game up, but I'm thinking just the opposite. I'm thinking that offensively, we need to tear a page out of our SEC tournament strategy & run a very calculated, patient offense requiring OSU to play defense for 25-30 seconds. What's everyone else think?

What a bunch of homers on this site. :lol:

 

tOSU by 4.

The feeling is mutual for why I can't like UL.

 

That is fine that you say fans (UofL fans included) but do not include me in "that fan" category. Unlike many I am capable of rooting for a team within our state.

Koun Dog, Its not that I don't think that Knight is the real deal, but the fact that I think Craft is the real deal as well. Knight is a better scorer and I think Craft is a better defender. As far as handling the ball and finding the open man they are both pretty good. I am also not saying Knight is not a good defender either.

 

As far as the Harrelson/Sullenger matchup, I think if Harrelson plays behind him and just makes Sullenger shoot over top of him I think he will be fine. Sullenger is very good at using his body to set up the defender but as I said earlier does not have great lift so shooting over a taller defender with similar body weight is more difficult. I don't think Jones would even be an option if Harrelson gets in foul trouble, they would have to rely on minutes from Vargas. The same goes for OSU, If Sullenger gets in foul trouble they will have to rely on Lauderdale to give them productive minutes.

That is fine that you say fans (UofL fans included) but do not include me in "that fan" category. Unlike many I am capable of rooting for a team within our state.

 

You don't think UK fans can?

 

I'm pretty sure they were all rooting for Morehead St last weekend. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.