How many teams out of the Big East make the tournament?

hrcarrier

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think if by some freak chance a Seton Hall or a Rutgers would win the the tournament and a Cincinnati or MU lost the first game of the tournament that the Big East would then get 12 teams in. I for one would not see that happening. I do think that without a doubt that they should have 11 teams in especially with as weak as the SEC, ACC, Pac 10, and Big 12 are after you get past the first 2 or 3 teams. On another point if some of the top teams in these conferences lose in their tournaments can a BYU or San Diego St. grab a # 1 seed?

So you think if by some freak chance a Seton Hall or a Rutgers would win the the tournament and a Cincinnati or MU lost the first game of the tournament that the Big East would then get 12 teams in. I for one would not see that happening. I do think that without a doubt that they should have 11 teams in especially with as weak as the SEC, ACC, Pac 10, and Big 12 are after you get past the first 2 or 3 teams. On another point if some of the top teams in these conferences lose in their tournaments can a BYU or San Diego St. grab a # 1 seed?

If BYU doesn't lose any more, I could see them getting a #1 regardless of what else happens. I don't think San Diego State will; I believe they will be lucky to get a #3. The Aztecs getting swept by BYU and losing to them at home is going to hurt them some.

It is supposed to be based on resume alone. When you look at some of the teams in consideration for the final 5 or 6 spots, then yes the top 11 teams deserve a bid regardless of what happens...

It is supposed to be based on resume alone. When you look at some of the teams in consideration for the final 5 or 6 spots, then yes the top 11 teams deserve a bid regardless of what happens...

Even if UC or Marquette lost to a DePaul or USF first round of the BEast tourny?

I think Marquette has to beat UC. But UC could weather that loss..................

Disagree. Marquette is going to at worst finish 10-8 in the BEast. UC has to beat Marquette or G'town again for that to happen. Realistically, they may end up with the same conference record, with Marquette having played the much tougher out of conference schedule. I think both are pretty solid locks at this point.

While it is impressive, obviously the bottom of the conference is weak.

There are only 5 teams left. With 11 teams of the quality the Big East has, there has to be some bad records at the bottom. Of course, the bottom of every conference is weak. The Big East has a full conference worth of tournament teams. The next biggest major conferences only have 12 teams.

Disagree. Marquette is going to at worst finish 10-8 in the BEast. UC has to beat Marquette or G'town again for that to happen. Realistically, they may end up with the same conference record, with Marquette having played the much tougher out of conference schedule. I think both are pretty solid locks at this point.

Sure Marquette played a tougher OOC, but they didn't win any of those games...

Maybe so, but they have better conference wins, and from my viewing, pass the eye test more than UC does. JMO.

It's pretty even on conference wins. ND win might give them the edge, but UC didn't get a chance to play them home and home. SJU and UL are sitting in the 3 and 4 spots and UC was 2-1 in those games. Against Top 4 records are 1-4 for Marquette and 2-3 for UC...