February 24, 201115 yr If you want to point a finger at someone. Point it at Jones and Liggins! :thumb::thumb:
February 24, 201115 yr All of the criticism in this thread kills me. Let's keep it real. Just be honest with yourself. Did you really have high expectations for this year's team without Kanter? I mean really?? Did you? I know my expectations were very tempered and have been all season. I have been waiting on the 2011-12 season for over a year now. I will gladly trade mediocrity this year to hang a banner next year. No problem at all. Go Big Blue. Oh yeah, a message to Coach Cal; stop making Knight turn the ball over, you are a terrible X and O guy................ Agreed. And don't forget that many thought Dobson would be on the team this year as well. He wasn't exactly NBA talent but he did see quite a bit of action last year, and would have given them some depth. BTW, am I the only one who feels Knight was fouled on the steal that led to the winning basket? It looked like he was whacked pretty good across the arm when he attempted to pass the ball. Of course, the game should never have been to that point anyway---Arkansas is terrible!
February 24, 201115 yr All of the criticism in this thread kills me. Let's keep it real. Just be honest with yourself. Did you really have high expectations for this year's team without Kanter? I mean really?? Did you? I know my expectations were very tempered and have been all season. I have been waiting on the 2011-12 season for over a year now. I will gladly trade mediocrity this year to hang a banner next year. No problem at all. Go Big Blue. Oh yeah, a message to Coach Cal; stop making Knight turn the ball over, you are a terrible X and O guy................ I agree! As I said a couple of weeks ago, those of us who said this team was not very good team without Kanter were blasted by some, saying we are not "real/true fans". Nope, that wasn't it, we were just being honest. At least 10 loses this year and if we are lucky we will win two games in the NCAA, Heck we may be lucky to win ONE game! People are pointing to next year to make a run at a title, what if we don't? We still do not have a true big man, forget a solid one. What will happen if UK falls short next year? The year most expect that title run? What happens to Cal?
February 24, 201115 yr I am a UK fan, but I did hear a U of L fan make reference to UK changing its name from the Wildcats to the Possums because they get killed on the road! Maybe we saved Pelphreys job for him, who knows? Seriously, as long as UK doesn't have to play someone on their home floor they should do good in the Tournament.
February 24, 201115 yr UK= Elite 8 This year or next, at this point it's up to the freshmen to decide.
February 24, 201115 yr And I'm still waiting on Clyde to prove that I'm a crazy UK fan. Find another post and I will delete my membership.
February 24, 201115 yr Outside looking in this is what you are going to get with Cal. Great recruiter. Good face for the program. He is going to go after and get the very best kids out there. Difference is he was at Memphis and they played in C-USA. So even on years when all his talent left and he had to re-load he was still better than everyone else in the conference. Couple of thoughts 1. Not sure why UK fans put all their eggs in the Kanter basket. (now all I here is "WHAT IF") 2. UK will have lean years with Cal because he will have so many kids jump to the NBA. (not a bad thing because that means if he getting the best talent) 3. UK is very talented. Difference between conference play and regular season play is Conference teams have more time to pick apart weakness. 4. IMO the biggest difference with this team is there is NO BENCH. Can't get away with playing just 6 kids.
February 24, 201115 yr Why have knight shoot a shot like that at the end? Why not Jones or Harrellson for a power play? Harrelson appeared to be open...........but he is usually option number 5...........................
February 24, 201115 yr Not me. I like a UK fan than can give an honest assessment of UK and how they feel without illogical reasoning behind it. UK fans like Cats are the ones I feel bad for after a loss like this one. The ones I hate are the ones who blame the refs, facilities, itinerary, pre game meal, etc. I agree with your statement PP and I think you know I'm one of those UK fans that you can at least respect, we've had our ups and downs ha ha, but I find Cats post "a little" extreme on this one. I agree with almost everything Cats says and his post isn't totally off base, but maybe a bit over the top.
February 24, 201115 yr Author This year's team has no where near the heart, swag, or ability of last year's team. You can get by without the same ability because the Cats still have talent, but it's UK....If you're going to come here at least care about the games you play before you get your pay check. I hate this Cats team, as much as I could possibly hate a UK team. It's not because they lose, they literally make me sick to have to watch them. Jones is counting his NBA money, Knight is overrated as can be IMO, Miller is a waste, Harrelson plays hard but is awful, Liggins is even starting to annoy me. This is the first UK team that I can remember that had no heart. When the going gets tough they start thinking about what they're going to do on the ride home. And I promised myself that I wouldn't be disappointed with UK the rest of this season, but I just cannot help it. It's OK, brother. Feel free to let it out; we're here for you!
February 24, 201115 yr Author When people talk about UK basketball fans the above is what they are talking about. :ohbrother:
February 24, 201115 yr Like i have posted before Cal can recruit , but can't caoch that well. Poor X and O guy. Arkansas is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!! Looking at a 8 or 9 seed now. Out in second round. I agree....
February 24, 201115 yr Harrelson appeared to be open...........but he is usually option number 5........................... He was wide open but Liggins was determined to force it to Knight. Harrellson was not screaming for the ball and truth be known probably did not want it. The ball still should have gone to him but Liggins and his recent questionable play forced the ball elsewhere. I would have gone to Miller or Jones.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.