Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arkansas 77 Kentucky 76

Featured Replies

With 68 teams getting in I would be shocked if UK doesn't get in unless they lose the rest of their games. Shocked.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to go to the other side of things here and say I actually saw some progress tonight in their end game play. Defensively, they got some stops. They hit some big shots on offense. Miller was aggressive at the end and took a big shot when he hit the three. If only he had fallen over like Clark he may have got a four point play out of it as tight as the refs were calling it. The turnover by Knight was a killer. He has to stop turning the ball over at crunch time. Then they had several good looks at the end but just could not get the shot to fall. Arkansas has wins over Vandy at Vandy, and versus Tennessee and Alabama at home. They aren't a tournament team but they aren't horrible either. My only question about Cal's end game coaching is why wasn't Lamb on the floor for the possessions where you need offense and for the last play. Lamb over Liggins is a no brainer when you need points. Although on that final play with 1.8 to go the inbounder (who was Liggins) is not in the play. Overall, I am a little encouraged by their end game play despite the loss.

I'm blaming it on Eddie Sutton's appearance!

 

:laugh:

Why have knight shoot a shot like that at the end? Why not Jones or Harrellson for a power play?

 

Watch the replays of the final inbounds play...right before it's tossed away from the basket to Knight, Harrelson comes open at point blank range for a game winning dunk...but alas the decision was for a 3.

Harrellson was wide open for a layup on the final play, but the facts of the matter are that he's not an offensive threat. He hands the ball off more than Carson Palmer.

 

I wish Harrellson would take that 3 at the top of the key. He has to assert himself somewhat offensively or he simply cannot be out there.

I am going to go to the other side of things here and say I actually saw some progress tonight in their end game play. Defensively, they got some stops. They hit some big shots on offense. Miller was aggressive at the end and took a big shot when he hit the three. If only he had fallen over like Clark he may have got a four point play out of it as tight as the refs were calling it. The turnover by Knight was a killer. He has to stop turning the ball over at crunch time. Then they had several good looks at the end but just could not get the shot to fall. Arkansas has wins over Vandy at Vandy, and versus Tennessee and Alabama at home. They aren't a tournament team but they aren't horrible either. My only question about Cal's end game coaching is why wasn't Lamb on the floor for the possessions where you need offense and for the last play. Lamb over Liggins is a no brainer when you need points. Although on that final play with 1.8 to go the inbounder (who was Liggins) is not in the play. Overall, I am a little encouraged by their end game play despite the loss.

 

I am with you on Lamb. I was very confused as to why our best shooter was not indown with less than 15 seconds to go. But I don't understand why Knight made that pass...etc., etc. I still think we are ok. With only one road game to go we should be able to improve our seeding with a good showing in the tourney and by continuing our impressive play at Rupp.

Harrellson was wide open for a layup on the final play, but the facts of the matter are that he's not an offensive threat. He hands the ball off more than Carson Palmer.

 

I wish Harrellson would take that 3 at the top of the key. He has to assert himself somewhat offensively or he simply cannot be out there.

 

:thumb: He is a good jump shooter. He doesn't use his strengths to his advantage. If he would step out there and drain a three, or even a long 2 it would open up the floor for Knight to go one and one, without the lane cluttered. That needs to be addressed, but if it hasn't changed by now, it may never change.

If you didn't watch the game, you'd think it's crazy to criticize Harrellson. 12 points, 14 boards & 3 blocks.

If you didn't watch the game, you'd think it's crazy to criticize Harrellson. 12 points, 14 boards & 3 blocks.

 

If you want to point a finger at someone. Point it at Jones and Liggins!

Just not good enough gang. Playing 6 kids...fatigue going to set in after a while.

Keep waiting for this team to turn the corner but I am not seeing it.

 

Cal has to find a way to take the load off of Knight some. However, in his defense, Knight is a 2g playing point. He struggles with his off hand and going left is not his forte. For example, he went left on that second to last possession and was not strong with the ball and turned it over.

 

Cal needs to run some sets for Miller in crunch time. I think Darius has gotten better.

 

Allowing UA extra possessions off of o-glass was unacceptable tonight.

 

Happy for Pel because this may be enough to keep his job.

All of the criticism in this thread kills me. Let's keep it real. Just be honest with yourself. Did you really have high expectations for this year's team without Kanter? I mean really?? Did you? I know my expectations were very tempered and have been all season. I have been waiting on the 2011-12 season for over a year now. I will gladly trade mediocrity this year to hang a banner next year. No problem at all. Go Big Blue. Oh yeah, a message to Coach Cal; stop making Knight turn the ball over, you are a terrible X and O guy................:rolleyes:

I am really still too ticked off and sick to post but I will try, I am probably disgusted with this team and coach as I have been this season.

!. Arkansas is terrible! Should anyone say anything else about them then they should take up watching another sport.

2. Has U.K. arriived in Fayetteville yet? Arkansas just won a very close inter squad scrimmge.

3. Jones is soft, I could describe it another way but I really like being on bgp. So much talent and tons more potential talent,he is that good but his attitude is terrible. A poster stated earlier that he is just waiting on the NBA and I agree, should Jones ever decide to play hard with heart and desire he woould absolutely dominate. Question....did anyone else notice or think anything about him leaving the huddle early in that late time out? Cal was still talking,using the clipboard and Jones left the huddle. Out of the t/o the play went to Knight and I just wonder if during the t/o that Jones saw the ball/play was going to Knight that he just quit on it eight there?

4. D.Miller has to imo want the bsketball more,especially late in the game. Miller passed up on a couple of open shots down the stretch, Miller imo could so be a leader of this team but he is not.

5. Harrleson imo does about what he is sk and is capable of. I usually don't doubt his effort at all. There is no help for him inside, Jones is afraid someone might push him or he mat break a sweat :rolleyes:. Harrleson imo does put out good effort, he hustles and doesn't try to make plays that he can't make. Harrleson is just not a hreat basketall player, he imo has had a good year. Really a better one than I thought he would have but he sure didn't have a good one tonight, no one did.

6. I am not as down on Knight's game as some tonight. Although I am not crazy over his total game tonight, I thought that he took some plays off and lost focus.

 

I am not goimg to go on any further on individuals, bsically all were terrible tonight.Especially on defense.....NO ONE played defense.! When Arkansas was stopped it wasn't the defense that stopped them. I refer back to point #1 earlier in this post.

NO Hustle, NO Desire, NO Heart = Loss

 

I do agree with a couple of earlier posters on Calapari......he sure can recruit good talent..........The End.

Oh yeah, Cal is imo the best PR man in the business and he seems like a real nice guy.

I will get mad, disgusted and all of that but I will also be right back ready to go for the next one....:thumb:

RE, why have Knight go left? Why milk clock when you can go 2 for 1 late game? Where is the iso's on Clarke? What in the world are we running at crunch time?

Is this all on Cal? No. But this team makes the same mistakes over and over in these situations. Something has to give...wish it were Knight acutally making a late game shot, but again it comes down to execution and they are getting executed.

All of the criticism in this thread kills me. Let's keep it real. Just be honest with yourself. Did you really have high expectations for this year's team without Kanter? I mean really?? Did you? I know my expectations were very tempered and have been all season. I have been waiting on the 2011-12 season for over a year now. I will gladly trade mediocrity this year to hang a banner next year. No problem at all. Go Big Blue. Oh yeah, a message to Coach Cal; stop making Knight turn the ball over, you are a terrible X and O guy................:rolleyes:

 

I can understand what you are saying, As for me...imo some critisizmis justified but my critisizm of this team is their heart and desire, not the talent. A player doesm't have to be great or even to be having a great game to hustle and play with pride.

I didn't expect a real seep run w/o Kanter but I am not so sure about hanging another banner. A team has to have a good coach to win it all. I love the talent he gets but as you stated and Im along with some others have said, imo Cal is lacking in the Bench/In Game coach (X's and O's). I will still support Cal, he is our coach but I do question some of his decisions. As always.....GO BIG BLUE!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.