Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arkansas 77 Kentucky 76

Featured Replies

Not sure that I agree. I think it comes down to ability to make plays.

 

I have to agree with Coach. The Ole Miss game, at the end was a shot I'm sure Coach Cal would have taken his chances on. It just went in.

 

I think UK will be ok once the post season starts and playing teams on a neutral court. The CAT fans will out number any other team after the regular season ends.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure that I agree. I think it comes down to ability to make plays.
:thumb:
The old saying is that when a team loses by 6 or less that it all comes down to coaching.

Since you are into sayings, coaches coach and players make plays. The last play of the game was drawn up and Liggins didn't look anywhere but at Knight. Harrelson slipped his screen and was wide open under the goal and Liggins didn't look his way. The players have to make the plays and this group is not doing that in close games. I know you are a Cal hater but this loss was not on the coach.

Just one more reason why UK should have hired John Pelphrey or Travis Ford as their Head Coach!

Just one more reason why UK should have hired John Pelphrey or Travis Ford as their Head Coach!

Yeah they are having great success at their schools now aren't they. :lol:

UK= Elite 8

 

UK will be lucky to get past the second round this year...period.

Just one more reason why UK should have hired John Pelphrey or Travis Ford as their Head Coach!

 

Come on man. I loved those guys as players, but really?

Seriously, come on with that foolishness

 

Just one more reason why UK should have hired John Pelphrey or Travis Ford as their Head Coach!

That is a fact, Liggins didn't look under the basket

 

Since you are into sayings, coaches coach and players make plays. The last play of the game was drawn up and Liggins didn't look anywhere but at Knight. Harrelson slipped his screen and was wide open under the goal and Liggins didn't look his way. The players have to make the plays and this group is not doing that in close games. I know you are a Cal hater but this loss was not on the coach.

People are saying how bad ARkansas is, but I am not buying that...there power forward (I am bad with names) is a legit player who is rounding into shape and out played Jones. They had 2 bigs they rotated on Harrellson who did their job. Clarke is a good weapon who understands how to play. They have athletic guards who they can rotate for defensive purposes.

I love what Cal is doing, and it takes some guts on his part. LAmb wasn't playing hard last night so he found the bench. Cal's message is very simple, if you can't play hard, you can't play. If that means we get beat, then that is what happens. He is laying a foundation for future UK teams to come. Cal will have talent...and he will generally have better depth...and when he mathces those together with kids laying it on the line, good things will come. Sometimes you have short term failures in order to have long term gains. UK fans need to keep the faith and as Coach Cal likes to say...fans be fans players play and coaches coach!

Yeah they are having great success at their schools now aren't they. :lol:

 

Well Pelphrey beat UK so yes that is success and I am tired of watching the one and done players I would like to see UK bring back tradition some in state players not just one or 2 players.

Just one more reason why UK should have hired John Pelphrey or Travis Ford as their Head Coach!

Based upon what?

Well Pelphrey beat UK so yes that is success and I am tired of watching the one and done players I would like to see UK bring back tradition some in state players not just one or 2 players.

So you would support Andy Kennedy as head coach? How about Bruce Pearl? More in state players? Like Jon Hood? Josh Carrier? Darius Miller? Kentucky is not a hotbed for talent. In fact, it sucks and you are not going to build much with a multitude of Kentucky born players.

Edited by bugatti

Well Pelphrey beat UK so yes that is success and I am tired of watching the one and done players I would like to see UK bring back tradition some in state players not just one or 2 players.

 

Pelphrey is 67-57 at Arkansas (23-37) in league play. I'm sure you'd be THRILLED with that record.

 

We're one season removed from a 3 loss season that was done almost entirely on the backs of freshmen. Now all of a sudden the coach can't coach and doesn't recruit right.

 

I'm no happier about the losses than anyone else, but step back from the ledge.

Well Pelphrey beat UK so yes that is success and I am tired of watching the one and done players I would like to see UK bring back tradition some in state players not just one or 2 players.

 

Yeah... A team full of Jon Hood's and Polson's... That will get UK where we want to be. Don't be ignorant... Cal had one fluke season where everyone was one and done. That's never been a trend of his, so I don't expect it to be now. There will be a couple of one and done's here and there, but I really don't expect us to have to fully reload every season. Maybe Clyde can step in with his previous remark here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.