Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arkansas 77 Kentucky 76

Featured Replies

I love the "Cal can't coach" comments. If they shoot more than 16% from 3 then they win easy, and they're 40% for the year.

 

They had 8 TOs in a 45 minute game. They had more blocks, steals, assists, rebounds, offensive rebounds, and made field goals, plus shot a better percentage from the floor and the free throw line.

 

7/21 3PT vs 3/19 3PT was the difference. I wasn't a big fan of that 2 minute "Let's give Rotnei free throws until he misses" segment either.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the "Cal can't coach" comments. If they shoot more than 16% from 3 then they win easy, and they're 40% for the year.

 

They had 8 TOs in a 45 minute game. They had more blocks, steals, assists, rebounds, offensive rebounds, and made field goals, plus shot a better percentage from the floor and the free throw line.

 

7/21 3PT vs 3/19 3PT was the difference. I wasn't a big fan of that 2 minute "Let's give Rotnei free throws until he misses" segment either.

I concur with your post. Last night was odd because it seemed UK improved upon some of the little things that have plagued them in road games but were horrendous from downtown, which they normally are not.

 

The turnover stat is interesting. For as many minutes as everyone plays with so little experience and no true PG, they are arguably the best team in the country at taking care of the ball. Seems they turn it over at inopportune times though.

Rotnei Clarke's haircut makes me want to smack him, but daggone he sliced to the hole good tonight. Cats got killed on the glass, too.

 

I know what you are saying Hearsay but UK actually won the battle on the boards by the numbers. 46~43. But the timing of the rebounding at crucial times was all Hogs.

When people talk about UK basketball fans the above is what they are talking about.

 

Give us a break Clyde. I mean really? What a joke.

Whatever Clyde. You've never seen me say anything crazy about UK basketball on here. Look it up and pull it up. I'm not hard to please. All I want is effort. But thanks for you $.02. :thumb:

 

Never mind him Cats. Consider the source. I'm with you man. :thumb:

I love the "Cal can't coach" comments. If they shoot more than 16% from 3 then they win easy, and they're 40% for the year.

 

They had 8 TOs in a 45 minute game. They had more blocks, steals, assists, rebounds, offensive rebounds, and made field goals, plus shot a better percentage from the floor and the free throw line.

 

7/21 3PT vs 3/19 3PT was the difference. I wasn't a big fan of that 2 minute "Let's give Rotnei free throws until he misses" segment either.

 

So true mobaar. And Lamb with very few minutes and 2 points too. That dog won't hunt.

I know what you are saying Hearsay but UK actually won the battle on the boards by the numbers. 46~43. But the timing of the rebounding at crucial times was all Hogs.

 

It just seemed like Arkansas was a physically smaller team and I think the Cats gave up 16 offensive rebounds which just seems like too many against an inferior ballclub. You're right they also seemed to come at really bad times.

The walking call on Knight when he made the lay up turned out to be huge. Two steps and in the air, no walk there. Terrible call among others. Knight missed like 5 shots at the end of reg. and overtime. Let someone else shoot the ball once in a while.

I was so upset last night I could not stand it. The CAT'S played bad at the end and the officiating on both sides was terrible, we gave them to many points on stupidity: technical fouls, fouling on three point play and etc., could go on, however my heart is still with the CAT'S and we all knew with Cal it was one and one for some player's. I am still on the band wagon and will not fall of GO BIG BLUE on to Catlanta. JD

The walking call on Knight when he made the lay up turned out to be huge. Two steps and in the air, no walk there. Terrible call among others. Knight missed like 5 shots at the end of reg. and overtime. Let someone else shoot the ball once in a while.

 

The disparity in foul calls on 3 point shoots is what drove me nuts. Knight got knocked to the ground in front of an official with no call, but they were handing Clarke free throws left and right.

 

They seemed to get a lot better about midway through the second half. They could have easily called some fouls on Ark at the very end, but I think you have to throw a punch to get a foul call in the last 10 seconds of a game. You can't ever expect to get those late calls.

The bottom line is we are just not that good right now. Hopefully we will make the tourney and be able to win a game or two.

This is suppused to be KENTUCKY all time winningest program ! I'm sick of hearing what so so middle of the road programs such as Arkansas, Ole Miss, Georgia, Alabama, and Vandy can do.

Kanter is not playing now or forever at UK. Cal went all year without developing his bench. Did he really need to beat all those no name teams early in the season by 30-40 points?

It is amazing that a team can find a way to lose so many close games on the road.

 

75-73

77-70

68-66

71-69

70-68

81-77

77-76

The old saying is that when a team loses by 6 or less that it all comes down to coaching.

The old saying is that when a team loses by 6 or less that it all comes down to coaching.

 

Not sure that I agree. I think it comes down to ability to make plays.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.