Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky - 2012 Recruiting

Featured Replies

Some are saying Torian Graham is back in the mix for the Cats. I've always liked the kid and liked what he would be able to do in years 2-4 possibly at UK, but with depth being a major issue for next season I could see him getting minutes. Can score the ball but needs to fill out his game.

 

Surprising to hear UK staff back in on him as I was hearing he was looking at prep school because of eligibility issues. From everything I understand about the situation Graham bounced around schools a lot and that has caused his transcript to be a guidance counselor and admissions office nightmare. If he can get these issues straightened out then he would be a good addition to the team this late in the process. If he can't join the team this year then he will probably never end up at UK. Will be interesting to see how it works out. Hoping he can get eligible.

 

The eligibility issues are a red flag for me. But I agree that a player of his caliber & position is greatly needed for next year's team.

  • Replies 549
  • Views 82k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The eligibility issues are a red flag for me. But I agree that a player of his caliber & position is greatly needed for next year's team.

 

Pretty sure the issues aren't from poor grades just difficuluty in categorizing core credits where he bounced around so much. For example, a core class at one school may not be a requirement at another and vise versa. Pretty much the same way you could look at transferring colleges, your likely to lose some credits by doing so because the new school refuses to take certain credits, etc.

Can score the ball quite well from everything I've read. Will be that 3 point shooter your always longing for MJ. :thumb:

Graham is not a big time shooter. Amazing athlete and dunker though. Can't imagine him qualifying this year...

Graham is not a big time shooter. Amazing athlete and dunker though. Can't imagine him qualifying this year...

 

From everything I had read it looked like a certainty he was going to be prepping.

Graham is not a big time shooter. Amazing athlete and dunker though. Can't imagine him qualifying this year...

 

 

I always knew that his athleticsm was his bread and butter but I had read an update Evan Daniels put together a few months ago that said he had made big strides in his shooting stroke and was an adept shooter from outside. I guess that's just stuck in my head since. With that said all I can go by is what I read and you actually get to see most of these guys numerous times so can't go against your opinion at all.....

I always knew that his athleticsm was his bread and butter but I had read an update Evan Daniels put together a few months ago that said he had made big strides in his shooting stroke and was an adept shooter from outside. I guess that's just stuck in my head since. With that said all I can go by is what I read and you actually get to see most of these guys numerous times so can't go against your opinion at all.....

 

He's not a bad shooter and can get blistering hot now and again, but he is streaky and not yet a guy you would count on to hit around 40%.

 

Love his game, but he has been a major flake with all of the bouncing around between schools and AAU programs...

He's not a bad shooter and can get blistering hot now and again, but he is streaky and not yet a guy you would count on to hit around 40%.

 

Love his game, but he has been a major flake with all of the bouncing around between schools and AAU programs...

 

 

That's all I really meant with the shooting. Wasn't trying to make him out to be Ray Allen by any stretch. But its been stated many times by MJ how he loves guys who can hit the triple, they are usually his favorite players. Looking at what Kentucky has coming in next year outside of Wiltjer, Graham could possibly be the next best outside shooter (depending on how much Goodwin's outside shot comes along) on the team, or the teams best "shooting" guard so to speak. Thus my comments to MJ.

 

 

 

And all the bouncing around is troubling because like many others who do the same its usually the adults he has been surrounded with encouraging all the changes. Not good.

You have me pinned down dolamite haha! I just love having a guy like Lamb who can stretch the defense. They always are my favorite players, not sure why, but that goes back to guys like Cameron Mills.

 

Thanks for the info fellas. I guess I won't keep my hopes up for the Cats landing him.

Graham is not a big time shooter. Amazing athlete and dunker though. Can't imagine him qualifying this year...

 

Late to the convo and may have missed it elsewhere but...

 

Isn't this the kid that STILL has never taken an ACT test? Huge red flag for the NCAA if true IMO.

He's not a bad shooter and can get blistering hot now and again, but he is streaky and not yet a guy you would count on to hit around 40%.

 

Love his game, but he has been a major flake with all of the bouncing around between schools and AAU programs...

 

GT why's the kid been bouncing around between programs so much? That in it's self seems kind of worrisome.

Late to the convo and may have missed it elsewhere but...

 

Isn't this the kid that STILL has never taken an ACT test? Huge red flag for the NCAA if true IMO.

 

I just saw something yesterday where Graham had a 3.6 GPA & was planning to take the ACT soon. I understood it to mean he hadn't taken it yet.

You have me pinned down dolamite haha! I just love having a guy like Lamb who can stretch the defense. They always are my favorite players, not sure why, but that goes back to guys like Cameron Mills.

 

Thanks for the info fellas. I guess I won't keep my hopes up for the Cats landing him.

 

I am the same way! That is why I really liked how the last two teams were built, we had a ton of talented players but we also had enough shooters too!

I saw Nerlens at Keeneland today. He was with Coach Strickland and a group of about 8 others in the paddock area before the 5th race. He was great with the crowd. A very personable young man.

I saw Nerlens at Keeneland today. He was with Coach Strickland and a group of about 8 others in the paddock area before the 5th race. He was great with the crowd. A very personable young man.

 

Why is Strickland still taking UK recruits/players around?

Why is Strickland still taking UK recruits/players around?

 

He's still on the staff?

 

He's on his official visit this weekend.

Edited by dmderringer10

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.