Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Allows KU To Pay For Funeral

Featured Replies

While I think this is a great jesture on the part of Kansas.

 

-It is contrary to many things that have happened in the past. I remember Dale Brown getting in big trouble at LSU for giving money to a couple of his players to go to a mother's funeral.

 

-It is by definition an extra benefit to a student athlete. Can't see any way this kind of benefit would go to a non-athlete student. However, I wouldn't be surprized now to see it happen somewhere, so that a school could say, "We did it for a regular student."

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I think this is a great jesture on the part of Kansas.

 

-It is contrary to many things that have happened in the past. I remember Dale Brown getting in big trouble at LSU for giving money to a couple of his players to go to a mother's funeral.

 

-It is by definition an extra benefit to a student athlete. Can't see any way this kind of benefit would go to a non-athlete student. However, I wouldn't be surprized now to see it happen somewhere, so that a school could say, "We did it for a regular student."

 

I agree. I don't have any problem with this specific ruling. Its always good to see people in tough situations get some help.

 

However, its just one more example of the NCAA enforcing their rules as they see fit. They're supposed to be rules, not vague suggestions.

I agree. I don't have any problem with this specific ruling. Its always good to see people in tough situations get some help.

 

However, its just one more example of the NCAA enforcing their rules as they see fit. They're supposed to be rules, not vague suggestions.

 

Of course, there are exceptions to all rules. Frankly, I don't know why everyone is so gung ho about hard and fast rules with no exceptions. Life doesn't work that way. I like that each individual situation is examined on it's own.

Of course, there are exceptions to all rules. Frankly, I don't know why everyone is so gung ho about hard and fast rules with no exceptions. Life doesn't work that way. I like that each individual situation is examined on it's own.

 

That's fine if they make consistently logical rulings. I am totally FOR this decision.

 

Its the fact that they randomly choose who and when to apply the rules to that is annoying.

That's fine if they make consistently logical rulings. I am totally FOR this decision.

 

Its the fact that they randomly choose who and when to apply the rules to that is annoying.

 

No...they take each case individually and weigh the merits. That's not illogical, nor random. Remember, many times we don't have all of the details they use to make their decision. Even more frequently, we zone in on a detail we disagree with and ignore the rest.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.