Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Allows KU To Pay For Funeral

Featured Replies

The simple answer to this is Kansas University. In case you haven't noticed there are certain schools that can do whatever they want and the NCAA allows it. I agree with the school helping out but it will open up a can of worms down the road.

 

You could easily argue UK is just as much one of those schools. Bledsoe and Wall just off of last years team.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The simple answer to this is Kansas University. In case you haven't noticed there are certain schools that can do whatever they want and the NCAA allows it. I agree with the school helping out but it will open up a can of worms down the road.

 

Yep. Everyone is out to get poor old UK...:rolleyes:

Yep. Everyone is out to get poor old UK...:rolleyes:

Who mentioned UK? I didn't. As I said I think it is great they let them do it but it will come back on them when they don't let some other schools help their players in just as much need.

You could easily argue UK is just as much one of those schools. Bledsoe and Wall just off of last years team.

 

I didn't know Wall and Bledsoes mothers passed away last year. I don't know how I missed that.

Who mentioned UK? I didn't. As I said I think it is great they let them do it but it will come back on them when they don't let some other schools help their players in just as much need.

 

Is I posted above, there is precedent.

What about the ordinary student who has the same thing happen to them? Only now since they are not on a athletic ride, they have to quit school and go to work to raise their sister.

I didn't know Wall and Bledsoes mothers passed away last year. I don't know how I missed that.

 

You said certain schools can do whatever they want. Well Bledsoe had serious academic questions and Wall received imporper benefits as an athlete in the AAU system. UK played them both.

What about the ordinary student who has the same thing happen to them? Only now since they are not on a athletic ride, they have to quit school and go to work to raise their sister.

 

 

Actually, they're likely already working, as there's no issue for an academic scholarship recepient working. It really isn't any different than a single parent working and going to school, and not as difficult as a student who's scholarship retention severly restricts him/her from working to make money for any reason.

You said certain schools can do whatever they want. Well Bledsoe had serious academic questions and Wall received imporper benefits as an athlete in the AAU system. UK played them both.

 

Hardly. There was a full on witch hunt for Bledsoe, and nothing improper was found.

 

Regarding Wall, the "improper" benefits were only because his AAU coach had previously been a registered agent.

Actually, they're likely already working, as there's no issue for an academic scholarship recepient working. It really isn't any different than a single parent working and going to school, and not as difficult as a student who's scholarship retention severly restricts him/her from working to make money for any reason.

You make a lot of assumptions when you reply sometimes. I am talking about a student whose working mom is putting him or her through school, or for most of the expense. We will use your assumption they are working part time to help with school. The mom dies and leaves the student with a small sister to now raise which can't be done on a part time job much less school expense. The university is not going to pay for the funeral because the student is not on an athletic scholarship and so he or she must quit school to make ends meet. My point is because this guy is who he is and is on the basketball team the university is paying for the funeral. I think it is good to do as I have stated before but where do you draw the line as some others on here have asked and know one has said.

Hardly. There was a full on witch hunt for Bledsoe, and nothing improper was found.

 

Regarding Wall, the "improper" benefits were only because his AAU coach had previously been a registered agent.

 

Wall received cash too he had to repay like 800 dollars. And for Bledsoe the independent investigation stated that they felt school officials were lying and covering things up to avoid consequences for their actions.

 

But that's thel ast I'll say on it in this thread because that's getting off topic.

You make a lot of assumptions when you reply sometimes. I am talking about a student whose working mom is putting him or her through school, or for most of the expense. We will use your assumption they are working part time to help with school. The mom dies and leaves the student with a small sister to now raise which can't be done on a part time job much less school expense. The university is not going to pay for the funeral because the student is not on an athletic scholarship and so he or she must quit school to make ends meet. My point is because this guy is who he is and is on the basketball team the university is paying for the funeral. I think it is good to do as I have stated before but where do you draw the line as some others on here have asked and know one has said.

 

Well, if you'd have fully explained what you meant, there would have been no assumptions to make.

Well, if you'd have fully explained what you meant, there would have been no assumptions to make.

For some reason you sound a lot like my wife, I knew it would be my fault. :lol::lol:

For some reason you sound a lot like my wife, I knew it would be my fault. :lol::lol:

 

She's a very smart woman, obviously. :D

Wall received cash too he had to repay like 800 dollars. And for Bledsoe the independent investigation stated that they felt school officials were lying and covering things up to avoid consequences for their actions.

 

But that's thel ast I'll say on it in this thread because that's getting off topic.

 

IIRC, Wall had to repay travel expenses that his AAU coach paid. Expenses that would have been find if the coach hadn't previously been registered as an agent.

 

I'm glad the independent witch hunt thought there was a giant conspiracy to protect Bledsoe. What about Arthur at Kansas?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.