Arizona Congresswoman Shot

kygirl

What can I say, I believe in free speech. Oh, and just to be clear, there are plenty on the right I have problems with as well. Politicians in general are reaping what they've sown where criticism is concerned. I don't think it should get nasty (as in violent) but otherwise, yes, they need to be criticized.

I don't listen to Rush, Beck, Deters or Hannity, I can't stand them. And Cunningham I listen to very rarely anymore and when I do it's for comic relief. Funny thing is, I haven't even started a thread about Obama in months.

LN, I've always considered you a friend, I certainly wouldn't let a disagreement over politics get in the way of that nor do I think you would. I just stand up for what I believe in, always will.

I found it very interesting that so many Dems/liberals/whatever immediately think they all the conservatives that disagree with them religiously watch the bolded ones.

Couldn't sleep last night and was flipping through the channels and settled on Hannity in the middle of the night. Watched 2 minutes and hurt my ears, so I went to a Criminal Minds rerun. It was a good move. Watched 3 or 4 of them before I got back to sleep.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it very interesting that so many Dems/liberals/whatever immediately think they all the conservatives that disagree with them religiously watch the bolded ones.

Couldn't sleep last night and was flipping through the channels and settled on Hannity in the middle of the night. Watched 2 minutes and hurt my ears, so I went to a Criminal Minds rerun. It was a good move. Watched 3 or 4 of them before I got back to sleep.

I know, they seem to think we need them to do our thinkging for us. :lol:

Update Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 12:38 p.m.

TUCSON, Ariz. — Doctors on Saturday removed Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' breathing tube and could soon know if she can speak.

Giffords had an operation Saturday to replace the breathing tube with a tracheotomy tube in her windpipe. That allows her to breathe better and frees her from the ventilator.

Though Giffords had been breathing on her own since she was shot in the head Jan. 8, doctors had left the breathing tube in as a precaution. A feeding tube was also put in to provide nutrition. Those procedures are not out of the ordinary for brain-injured patients.

Giffords' doctors have said they should be able to evaluate her ability to speak once the breathing tube is out.

Giffords, who was wounded in last weekend's attack that killed six people, remains in critical condition at University Medical Center.

"Her recovery continues as planned," the hospital said in a statement.

Her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, has remained by her bedside.

One patient was discharged Saturday while two others remain in good condition.

The Associated Press

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jan/15/doctors-replace-giffords-breathing-tube/#

Update 1/17/2011

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Doctors have successfully performed a surgery on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' eye socket to remove bone fragments as the wounded congresswoman showed more signs of improvement.

There were no complications from the surgery, and Giffords is improving so much that she was able to give her husband a back rub.

Dr. Randall Friese said Mark Kelly also told doctors he saw Giffords smile. He said sometimes people see what they want to see, but that "if he says she's smiling, I buy it."

Giffords still cannot speak because of a tracheotomy done so the breathing tube could be removed from her mouth.

Dr. Michael Lemole says the eye operation entailed making an incision above the eyebrow, removing bone chips to relieve pressure and reconstructing the roof of the socket.

http://www.katc.com/news/doctors-sucessfully-perform-surgery-on-gabrielle-giffords-eye-socket/

I always knew there was hope...

Update - TUCSON, Ariz. – U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords will be moved Friday to a rehabilitation hospital in Houston to begin the next phase of her recovery from a gunshot wound, barring medical issues that would delay the transfer, her family said Wednesday.

Giffords' husband said his wife's care will continue at TIRR Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital in Houston, where he lives and works as an astronaut. Doctors say the exact day of the move will depend on Giffords' health.

"I am extremely hopeful at the signs of recovery that my wife has made since the shooting," Mark Kelly said in a statement released by Giffords' congressional office. "The team of doctors and nurses at UMC has stabilized her to the point of being ready to move to the rehabilitation phase."

TIRR Memorial Hermann is a 116-bed rehab facility affiliated with the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. It claims to have the largest research program on recovery from traumatic brain injury in the world, and gets federal funding for long-term research on such patients.

One of its success stories is Buffalo Bills' tight end Kevin Everett, treated after a life-threatening spinal cord injury in 2007. Everett was paralyzed from the neck down when he arrived at the rehab center in September 2007; now he can walk.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110119/ap_on_re_us/us_congresswoman_shot_rehab