Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miles Simpson vs Shaun Alexander

Featured Replies

Simpson shared his carries with Lawrence. Lawrence had over 1000 yards Simpson's Senior year.

 

True. In the BC system, Miles would have gotten all of the lugs that Sk gave to Chad.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume Miles was a lot more creative and Shaun more powerful.

 

 

SA had a great spin move and was a one cut and go type of RB but he could shake if need be. SA was an awesome KO returner. I remember the opening play of his Senior year vs CCH and Coach Ray decided to kick it deep and he took it to the house. I think he had 2 KO returns that game.

I can't believe this thread is still going. For crying out loud ALEXANDER!

I can't believe this thread is still going. For crying out loud ALEXANDER!
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Saying the talent level isn't the same is FAR from a shot at Simpson. He simply wasn't as good as Alexander, and that's just reality. I said on many broadcasts that he was the best since Shaun, and I stand by that. Doesn't mean he was anywhere near as good...

I believe that Alexander is the best RB to play KY high school football and that Simpson is the next best. After these two, the talent margin drops significantly with past RBs that have graduated. For the 2nd tier, I would go with Jason Skirvin, Justin Frisk, Fred Conrad, Brandon Berger, and George Duvall. There are plenty of others as good that could be at the 2nd level as well.

I believe that Alexander is the best RB to play KY high school football and that Simpson is the next best. After these two, the talent margin drops significantly with past RBs that have graduated. For the 2nd tier, I would go with Jason Skirvin, Justin Frisk, Fred Conrad, Brandon Berger, and George Duvall. There are plenty of others as good that could be at the 2nd level as well.

 

You believe Simpson to be the 2nd best RB ever in the entire state or just NKY?

Here is something to think about the players are a lot better today than they was when Alexander played so I think Simpson played against better players.

I can't believe this thread is still going. For crying out loud ALEXANDER!

 

As near as I can tell it's about 95% or more Alexander. I think there's only one person arguing Simpson and my guess is if Miles played for any other school other than SK even he would be in SA's camp. Game over.

You believe Simpson to be the 2nd best RB ever in the entire state or just NKY?

 

I would say definitely so for NKY and that he could be one of the best in the state. 2nd best in the state, I don't know? One other RB I forgot to mention is Channing Fugate out of Breathitt, he was very good too.

Here is something to think about the players are a lot better today than they was when Alexander played so I think Simpson played against better players.

:lol:......:jump:

I would say definitely so for NKY and that he could be one of the best in the state. 2nd best in the state, I don't know? One other RB I forgot to mention is Channing Fugate out of Breathitt, he was very good too.

 

First and foremost it is hard for me to compare Simpson in terms of all time because I never saw him play. The only thing I can go on is over numbers, who each RB played for, and what their potential was. Based on that only I wouldn't put Simpson in the top ten for the state.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.