Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miles Simpson vs Shaun Alexander

Featured Replies

Like Double Deuce said' date=' alot of things factor into success in the NFL. Talent is #1. Simpson has what it takes to make it to the next level. The question is, does he believe it? Going to UK was a step in the wrong direction. That decision alone tells me alot about Simpson. I don't know a thing about his work ethic either. All I'm saying is that out of high school, the two were,IMO, equal as far as raw athleticism is concerned.[/quote']

 

No they aren't and where should Simpson have gone. The big boys weren't knocking on his door for a reason.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Double Deuce said' date=' alot of things factor into success in the NFL. Talent is #1. Simpson has what it takes to make it to the next level. The question is, does he believe it? Going to UK was a step in the wrong direction. That decision alone tells me alot about Simpson. I don't know a thing about his work ethic either. All I'm saying is that out of high school, the two were,IMO, equal as far as raw athleticism is concerned.[/quote']

 

ARE YOU FOR REAL?????

What do you know about talent? Saying he has as much talent as SA is just crazy!! I am not saying he is not a nice rb but come on we are talking about league MVP. What scouting office do you work for that you are sayong he has what it takes to get to the next level. like you said if you want to be a running back in the nfl you dont go to UK.

Like Double Deuce said' date=' alot of things factor into success in the NFL. Talent is #1. Simpson has what it takes to make it to the next level. The question is, does he believe it? Going to UK was a step in the wrong direction. That decision alone tells me alot about Simpson. I don't know a thing about his work ethic either. All I'm saying is that out of high school, the two were,IMO, equal as far as raw athleticism is concerned.[/quote']

 

You can't play for the big boys if none of them are recruiting you. Obviously they felt Simpson wasn't on that level. UK didn't even recruit Shaun because they knew he was out of their league. Again pretty telling...

You can't play for the big boys if none of them are recruiting you. Obviously they felt Simpson wasn't on that level. UK didn't even recruit Shaun because they knew he was out of their league. Again pretty telling...

 

AGREE:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I hope he proves all of you guys wrong, but one things for sure, he's got a huge mtn. to climb in the Bluegrass State.

I hope he proves all of you guys wrong' date=' but one things for sure, he's got a huge mtn. to climb in the Bluegrass State.[/quote']

 

Sounds like he is going to have to do it on the other side of the ball as UK felt so good about him at RB that they moved him to defense...

Sounds like he is going to have to do it on the other side of the ball as UK felt so good about him at RB that they moved him to defense...

 

He will be a very nice safety and still is just a freshman next year...Miles will be on the eyes of many NFL scouts in 4 years imo...He was recruited knowing that he might be moved to safety and since UK only likes track star runningbacks Miles wasn't in their plans at the RB position...

He will be a very nice safety and still is just a freshman next year...Miles will be on the eyes of many NFL scouts in 4 years imo...He was recruited knowing that he might be moved to safety and since UK only likes track star runningbacks Miles wasn't in their plans at the RB position...

 

So instead of spending his redshirt year learning how to be a safety, he wasted it at the bottom of the depth chart at RB? Good start...

Why has this thread turned into a rip session of a great high school rb?

 

I mean, like I posted earlier, they both got scholly's to an SEC school that makes them both pretty darn special in my mind. Again, if I had to choose I would take either and/or...

So instead of spending his redshirt year learning how to be a safety, he wasted it at the bottom of the depth chart at RB? Good start...

 

He was switched during the season so not a wasted redshirt year plus it gave him plenty of time to get healthy.

I wonder if people who watched both play would indicate that Shaun got his yards against better competition overall than some of the teams on SK's schedule while Miles was racking up the yardage. Line play is important, too. Miles had a great line his senior year but probably average lines his soph and junior seasons. Boone was always known for great line play in the Alexander era.

I wonder if people who watched both play would indicate that Shaun got his yards against better competition overall than some of the teams on SK's schedule while Miles was racking up the yardage. Line play is important, too. Miles had a great line his senior year but probably average lines his soph and junior seasons. Boone was always known for great line play in the Alexander era.

 

 

I watched both play youth/pee wees on up. Yes, SA probably did play against better but remember he got the ball every play and never played D.

Simpson shared his carries with Lawrence. Lawrence had over 1000 yards Simpson's Senior year.

I watched both play youth/pee wees on up. Yes, SA probably did play against better but remember he got the ball every play and never played D.

 

Good point. It seems like Miles played a lot less D his senior year, but I assume that was because he messed up his ankle pretty good just before the season started. I guess that SA averaged in the 30's as far as carries per game and Miles in the 20's. SK was more fun to watch than Boone must have been with their 6-play offense.

I would assume Miles was a lot more creative and Shaun more powerful.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.