Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miles Simpson vs Shaun Alexander

Featured Replies

Here is something to think about the players are a lot better today than they was when Alexander played so I think Simpson played against better players.

 

Ummmmm Okay :lol:

  • Replies 137
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaun said in his book that the Cats didn't recruit him very hard. His final two choices were Michigan/Bama. Hal Mumme was the coach or maybe Bill Curry when Shaun was a senior. His older brother was at ND.

 

I believe the high school numbers are close and I believe Miles could be a great back, only time has to play out.

First and foremost it is hard for me to compare Simpson in terms of all time because I never saw him play. The only thing I can go on is over numbers, who each RB played for, and what their potential was. Based on that only I wouldn't put Simpson in the top ten for the state.

 

I agree w/ the bolded. Simpson was legit. If he had played for Highlands, then there would be much more fervor in support of him. As terms of the top 10 in the state??? I'm not old enough for that debate. In terms of #2 in NKY since I started paying attention in '91, he is. Remember where SK was before Simpson arrived. Look at where he took them. He didn't have the benefit of playing for a traditional power. He was special.

Shaun said in his book that the Cats didn't recruit him very hard. His final two choices were Michigan/Bama. Hal Mumme was the coach or maybe Bill Curry when Shaun was a senior. His older brother was at ND.

 

I believe the high school numbers are close and I believe Miles could be a great back, only time has to play out.

 

He did Guidugli's summer camp after the UM camp. The way that he was talking, I thought for sure that he would be in maize and blue. Also, Curry was the coach. Great eye for talent...passes on Alexander and tries to fit Couch into an option offense. Genius.

First and foremost it is hard for me to compare Simpson in terms of all time because I never saw him play. The only thing I can go on is over numbers, who each RB played for, and what their potential was. Based on that only I wouldn't put Simpson in the top ten for the state.

 

I have seen him play and many others from the late 80's to this point. With all that I've seen during that time, there is not any that played like or better than him with the exception of Alexander. I am confident enough to say that Simpson could have started for any school in KY during his high school years.

I agree w/ the bolded. Simpson was legit. If he had played for Highlands, then there would be much more fervor in support of him. As terms of the top 10 in the state??? I'm not old enough for that debate. In terms of #2 in NKY since I started paying attention in '91, he is. Remember where SK was before Simpson arrived. Look at where he took them. He didn't have the benefit of playing for a traditional power. He was special.

 

Very good point.

What about Cory Farris? some say miles is better I think he is right up there with miles or possibly better.. Just my opinion...

Are you serious? It's not fair to compare them yet. Do you realize Suane was an all-pro.

Are you serious? It's not fair to compare them yet. Do you realize Suane was an all-pro.

 

The only way we can compare them is their high school career.

 

Simpson's days as a running back are over.

Higgs/Homer/Collins/ is there some backs from Kentucky high schools that did very well?

The only way we can compare them is their high school career.

 

Simpson's days as a running back are over.

 

And comparing high school careers its not even close.

  • Author
And comparing high school careers its not even close.[/Q

The thread was started to compare high school careers only. Any talk about college or NFL was pointless.

Any talk about their high school careers not being close is juvenile.

And comparing high school careers its not even close.

 

Points Scored in Career

662 Shaun

568 Miles

 

Points Scored Season

326(Senior)252(Junior) Shaun

264(Junior)250(Senior) Miles

 

Total TD's Career

110 Shaun

91 Miles

 

Total TD's Season

54(Senior)42(Junior) Shaun

41(Senior)41(Junior) Miles

 

Rushing TD's Career

104 Shaun

83 Miles

 

Rushing TD's Season

50 Shaun

38(Senior)37(Junior) Miles

 

All of these stats come from the state record books, it's safe to say Miles Simpson is the closest thing since Shaun Alexander in NKY and probably will be for a very long time...No other NKY Running backs even hold any state records at all I don't believe...Another interest record is Shaun Alexander has the 3rd most Rushing Attempts all time at 1,003, while Miles Simpson didn't even make that record and the last place guy had 712 Carries so Miles didn't even have that many attempts...With 1,003 attempts I thinks it's safe to say Miles would have been neck and neck with Shaun and maybe even broke some of his records...Another thing to note is look at Simpson's Junior numbers compared to Alexander's Junior numbers they are very comparable, Miles Simpson played his Senior Season with one healthy leg...

Simpson still has a lot to prove!

 

So much that he was the third best RB in his recruiting class.

 

1. Raymond Sanders

2. Brandon Gainer

3. Miles Simpson

 

After all that he was switched to saftey because he couldn't hack at RB. As far as the Alabama arguement, he is not Trent Richardson type and wasnt highly recruited enough to go to bama. It is yet to be determined if he had the raw talent that Alexander had, but after being switched already, I dont see it.

 

Someone mentioned about potential.. When I see Miles Simpson get drafted in the first round (19 overall) andbreak the NFL season touchdown record, I will begin to compare.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.