4 day school weeks

My concern with this is that it's first and foremost a financial decision. I'm not sure the additional minutes in the day equate to an additional "day" of class in each subject.

Interesting point, and something I would agree with.

Take a class such as Calculus. You cannot move on to Chapter 2 until you fully understand Chapter 1. In order to understand Chapter 1, you have to go home, work some problems & complete the homework. When you come back to class the next day, you can review the homework & see what you did right or wrong. Then, you ask questions and eventually move on to Chapter 2.

Although the minutes are the same, it could affect the student's ability to learn. I don't know if it would, but I think it's interesting & something that should be researched. Good point, Clyde.

We looked into it at our school but the parents wanted no part of it.

It does not surprise me that parents would object to it, but I'm interested to know why. Were they simply opposed to change? Were working parents concerned about their kids being home (without parental supervision) for an extra day?

It does not surprise me that parents would object to it, but I'm interested to know why. Were they simply opposed to change? Were working parents concerned about their kids being home (without parental supervision) for an extra day?

I would guess that child care would be a major concern of many parents.