Highlands/Beechwood Predictions

jbwill2

Highlands vs. Beechwood... Who wins?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Highlands vs. Beechwood... Who wins?

This game will be the game to work out the timeing of the long ball.

I hope you're wrong "goldandblack". The timing is there for the long ball. Heck Highlands is averaging 18 yards a pass reception with over a 50% completion rate. I hope the Birds work on some intermediate routes and start forcing DB's to play a little more honest. I agree with you in that it will certainly be enticing for the Birds to try and go overtop all night long this Friday.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56- 8 Birds and there will be a running clock. Might be a good opportunity for the Jv'ers to get some time since they cant seem to find a team willing to play. I understand with Beechwood cancelling their JV game due to lack of numbers and possibly being beaten up after this Friday's game but when Manual cancelled that kind of seems silly.

I hope you're wrong "goldandblack". The timing is there for the long ball. Heck Highlands is averaging 18 yards a pass reception with over a 50% completion rate. I hope the Birds work on some intermediate routes and start forcing DB's to play a little more honest. I agree with you in that it will certainly be enticing for the Birds to try and go overtop all night long this Friday.

I agree..

Highlands will absolutely feast on virtually any one dimensionaL team, much less a Class A one. 'Birds will name the score in this one, although I'm not sure why either team would schedule this game??

Because sometimes you take what you can get.

Highlands will absolutely feast on virtually any one dimensionaL team, much less a Class A one. 'Birds will name the score in this one, although I'm not sure why either team would schedule this game??

For starters, I always thought that Highlands had trouble getting local schools to play them. When this two year agreement was made, Beechwood was having great success throughout this decade, especially winning state championship's in 07, and 08. The tigers had a lot of injuries at the start of the season last year, and some of those injuries ended some key players careers this year. As everyone knows in Class A program that can be devastating. Good luck to both teams without any injuries.

. Nice post. Pat is what 6'5 and able to see the field. A tall TE that drags the middle of the field would be such a nice option for this team? I will tell you this; it was nice to see Pat recognize that the safety was cheating and that the fly was available on the short side of the field. At least I was calling for it in the stands LOL>

Anybody else remember a post a few years back that said.....Highlands won't want any part of Beechwood in 2 years!!! Just making sure nobody has forgotten that....Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!

The people that truly know, or have a few years of NKY wisdon, would never say that so pls don't cherry pick comments to toss gas on a fire. Most of us knew it wasn't realisitc to think BW would be the same team and we "all" knew that HHS would have a boatload of "new" faces...it is what it is!

There's a small handful of athletes (4-5) that are no longer around that were once counted on to make this BW team better, but, a small program with 35+ player's must adjust to the hand they are dealt practically from week-to-week (injuries) as opposed to dealing a "new" hand at programs like Highlands.

No matter what the score ends up being...BW will compete hard and if they walk away with no bad injuries...they win!