Highlands/Beechwood Predictions

jbwill2

Highlands vs. Beechwood... Who wins?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Highlands vs. Beechwood... Who wins?

Highlands hosts Beechwood on Friday, September 3. Highlands is currently 2-0 with wins over DuPont Manual and Ryle. Beechwood is 0-1 with a 35-21 loss to Dixie Heights. Last year, Highlands defeated Beechwood 48-20. The Bluebirds are 5-0 all-time against the Tigers.

Let's hear some predictions about this game!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Birds win this one big..From what I understand Beechwood has little to no passing game. They have Vocke and he is very good, but I don't think he will be able to carry or even keep Beechwood close in this one. Birds by 4tds..

Last years game was right before the St. X game and the HHS coaches didn't want to show their hand in any play calling. I was at the game and was talking to a few of the coaches during half-time and they did not seem to be very concerned of a defeat. Without a St. X type team on the schedule THIS YEAR I think the Birds will blow them out of the water, especially playing a small school that isn't able to use the holy two-platoon system. I will throw out a predicted score of 50-14

As freshmen, these Beechwood boys beat Highlands. Huge game for the Tigers, but the team has lost some of that talent elsewhere. Unfortunately, as much as I love my Tigers, I dont see a repeat of the freshman year.

This senior class never played Beechwood. They may have played the jr class and beat them but they dont have the depth as we have. 35 point win. This might be game were some of the walking wounded guys take a pass and get healthy.

This senior class never played Beechwood. They may have played the jr class and beat them but they dont have the depth as we have. 35 point win. This might be game were some of the walking wounded guys take a pass and get healthy.

It was the freshman championship game and I am pretty sure it was when these seniors were freshmen.

It was the freshman championship game and I am pretty sure it was when these seniors were freshmen.

No, it was this year's junior class that beat Highilands at Highlands for the freshman championship. Many of those juniors are starting this year and IMO they are a year away from being competitive with Highlands. Of course, who knows what will happen schedule wise next year so those players may not get the chance to play Highlands when they are seniors.

This year's game will be more learning and getting better for Beechwood. It is a young team on the field that will get better every week. Strange things can happen on the football field and I wouldn't say the Tigers have no chance but it isn't much of one. When was the last time Highlands had 5 turnovers in a game? :D It is on the QB's of Beechwood as to whether this is a game or not. They need to complete 50% or more of their passes for Beechwood to stay in the game. Defense needs to stop the big plays by Highlands and make them work on offense.

Till 7:30 on Friday, we Beechwood fans will have our hopes and dreams and will enjoy them. If you don't play the best you can't even have the dream of beating them. I will enjoy seeing the Tigers on the field in Ft. Thomas regardless of what happens. I don't think it will be as much fun as the last time I saw Beechwood on the field at David Cecil stadium (freshman championship) but I will remember that and hope for the best. Beechwood will come prepared, play hard and do it with class. And hope for those five turnovers.

No, it was this year's junior class that beat Highilands at Highlands for the freshman championship. Many of those juniors are starting this year and IMO they are a year away from being competitive with Highlands. Of course, who knows what will happen schedule wise next year so those players may not get the chance to play Highlands when they are seniors.

This year's game will be more learning and getting better for Beechwood. It is a young team on the field that will get better every week. Strange things can happen on the football field and I wouldn't say the Tigers have no chance but it isn't much of one. When was the last time Highlands had 5 turnovers in a game? :D It is on the QB's of Beechwood as to whether this is a game or not. They need to complete 50% or more of their passes for Beechwood to stay in the game. Defense needs to stop the big plays by Highlands and make them work on offense.

Till 7:30 on Friday, we Beechwood fans will have our hopes and dreams and will enjoy them. If you don't play the best you can't even have the dream of beating them. I will enjoy seeing the Tigers on the field in Ft. Thomas regardless of what happens. I don't think it will be as much fun as the last time I saw Beechwood on the field at David Cecil stadium (freshman championship) but I will remember that and hope for the best. Beechwood will come prepared, play hard and do it with class. And hope for those five turnovers.

I stand corrected! Please dont tell Mr. Beechwoodfan as I have a 30-plus year record of never being wrong with him!

With the physically weak line of Beechwood one can only hope the Bluebirds don’t injure the tigers backs to bad. The bluebirds up by 35 points by the half. Dale shows mercy and only puts 65 on the board by the end of the game. 5 turnovers wont be enough...

Edited by Pascal
spelling

With the physically weak line of Beechwood one can only hope the Bluebirds don’t injure the tigers backs to bad. The bluebirds up by 35 points by the half. Dale shows mercy and only puts 65 on the board by the end of the game. 5 turnovers wont be enough...

As I read this first post, weak was clearly a word that came to mind. Welcome to BGP? :idunno: