Highlands/Beechwood Predictions

jbwill2

Highlands vs. Beechwood... Who wins?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Highlands vs. Beechwood... Who wins?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year the Birds worked on their passing game vs the Tigers probably throwing it 60% of the time, what will be the gameplan this week? Will they work on some intermediate routes?

Also, last year Vocke came in the game and ran the ball pretty well against the Birds defense, what will the Birds do in order to shut him down?

That's about the truth.

Yes Sir, it is.

Perhaps the greatest enjoyment I get each year watching the Birds play is seeing kids, that in the Jr. Football League weren't very good at all and are very small, play very, very good high school football. Almost all of them are and will remain too small to play college ball, but through their hard work and excellent coaching, they become very, very good high school football players. I know that people understandably get sick and tired of hearing about the Jr. Football League, but because of it's "every one plays" mentality, a lot of very undersized young kids stick with football. Then when they get into Highlands program, the coaches turn them into "absolute maniacs".

I thought it was very classy of Noel to acknowledge what Dale and his assistants have done and do. Sometimes coaches of rival powerhouses don't easily acknowledge their true respect for their rival programs. Noel does not fit in that category. Kudos to him. I know that some Highlands fans were critical of Warner for his position on the sidelines issue (let's let that one rest), but Warner has always been very classy and respectful in his comments about Highlands football and Dale.

Well said, it is very enjoyable to see kids blossom who you would have never thought might see the field especially at a school like Highlands where the competition is fierce. I consistently find myself looking at the program asking who a certain kid is that is standing out and typically undersized.

I think a player this year that hasnt gotten a lot of recognition is Robbie Neinaber on the offensive line. This kid is put together nad very fast for a lineman. He has patently waited for his opportunity and stepped in to anchor the offensive line as a Sr. Last year he played well on the defensive side of the ball in spots but this year he has switched sides for the good of the team. Kudos to kids like that who are all about the team.

Well said, it is very enjoyable to see kids blossom who you would have never thought might see the field especially at a school like Highlands where the competition is fierce. I consistently find myself looking at the program asking who a certain kid is that is standing out and typically undersized.

I think a player this year that hasnt gotten a lot of recognition is Robbie Neinaber on the offensive line. This kid is put together nad very fast for a lineman. He has patently waited for his opportunity and stepped in to anchor the offensive line as a Sr. Last year he played well on the defensive side of the ball in spots but this year he has switched sides for the good of the team. Kudos to kids like that who are all about the team.

I agree with you on your praise of Robbie. He very well could be playing TE which he did last year but has bought into what would help his team the most.

I agree with you on your praise of Robbie. He very well could be playing TE which he did last year but has bought into what would help his team the most.

Just another sign of the kids drinking the blue kool-aid!! It seems that every year there are kids that play outta their favorite position for the betterment of HHS football. This is one of the many secrets Dale has up on the other coaches in NKY. The ability to teach these kids the "we before me" attitude. Now don't get me wrong, before a bunch of people get irked, other coaches are able and do a good job, but you can watch on a regular basis, kids that play outta position, especially on defense. LB's that should be playing DL, Safeties that should be LB's and so on. This is because of the results. Coach Mueller can move these kids around because they trust and believe in him.

Edited by Birdsfan
Typo

Unfortunately this is a bad year for Beechwood to be playing Highlands. This will not be close and you hope for a no injury game.

No sympathy for Beechwood though this is how many of the A schools feel when they go to play them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

No sympathy needed. We'll take our lumps and go proudly. We still have numerous State Championship trophies to polish... would you like to help?:D

perfect tune-up game post Ryle. Last week has revealed much about this year's offense and I'm sure this game will serve to work on the short to mid range passing game. We may see True much more in the backfield alot in this one as well to see how he handles the ball. He had a really good game last week. Mccoy will probably be in at qb for much of the 2nd half in this one. It all depends on how Towles looks this week. I'm sure he'll be fine with no pressure on him.

perfect tune-up game post Ryle. Last week has revealed much about this year's offense and I'm sure this game will serve to work on the short to mid range passing game. We may see True much more in the backfield alot in this one as well to see how he handles the ball. He had a really good game last week. Mccoy will probably be in at qb for much of the 2nd half in this one. It all depends on how Towles looks this week. I'm sure he'll be fine with no pressure on him.

You got alot of confidence and a pretty good understanding of HHS football.

You got alot of confidence and a pretty good understanding of HHS football.

The only thing that I'm nervous about tonight is whether or not our PA system is going to work. Last week was an embarrassment to the school. They seem to have problems with it every week. I can remember last years St. Xavier game when it kept malfunctioning. I feel sorry for the dance team as well. Nothing like seeing a bunch of girls out on the field jumping around without any music. Maybe we'll get a touchdown song this week since we have no cannon.....:rolleyes: