Highlands 29 Ryle 14

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not aware that Ryle's field was county funded. The people at Conner, Cooper and Boone must be really ticked off that the BOE funded Ryle's field. Unfortunately, this is not Kenton Co., where the BOE funds athletic complex improvements.

Well where exactly do you think the BOE's money comes from for these fields? It's certainly not exclusively from school fees and city taxes paid in each district. It's also not exclusively form state matching funds......So where is the money coming from? I know the answer, BTW.

You incorrectly stated that Ryle's field was county funded. The funds for Ryle's field were raised through private donations which were passed on to the BOE for payment. BOE did not pay for the field from tax money, otherwise Boone, Conner and Cooper would be rightfully hacked off. The other 3 schools have to follow the same course to get turf. My only beef with HHS' stadium is that it is not the same for both teams as far as space to work with on the sidelines. I could care less about the poor lighting or bad condition of the turf, that's the same for both teams. The sideline situation is not.

You incorrectly stated that Ryle's field was county funded. The funds for Ryle's field were raised through private donations which were passed on to the BOE for payment. BOE did not pay for the field from tax money, otherwise Boone, Conner and Cooper would be rightfully hacked off. The other 3 schools have to follow the same course to get turf. My only beef with HHS' stadium is that it is not the same for both teams as far as space to work with on the sidelines. I could care less about the poor lighting or bad condition of the turf, that's the same for both teams. The sideline situation is not.

I'm curious. What is Highlands supposed to do to make your changes?

Allow the visitors to use the side of the field where the School building is located! HHS would do a much better job of policing the bleachers side, if they were indeed using it!

Just got back from out of town and was looking forward to reading about the game. There seems to be more talk about the facilities and babysitting problems??? I just wanted to add my two cents, if not for Tyler Seidle Ryle scores two more times...he came across the field to catch Elliot from behind. The defense played very well and the offense stepped up and made big plays when needed. At this time of the year they seem to be on course!!! Go Birds 20n10

Money required to improve lighting and turf. Common sense and sportsmanship required to fix sideline situation. Let fans use steps outside of bench area and rope off the bench area to keep fans away. Teams use the area in the middle for benches to improve safety and sideline situation. Fans then would not be walking in what is normally a player area on all other fields I have played on. Have not seen too many fans walking on the Highlands side. In case of fire, the exits would be used behind the benches, because players would immediately clear bench area and move to middle of field to allow fans out. Not a problem at all. It's an easy solution to fix bench area problem. And, lots of big money available to fix 1 and 2.

Allow the visitors to use the side of the field where the School building is located! HHS would do a much better job of policing the bleachers side, if they were indeed using it!

If this is the kind of stuff that visiting teams worry about when coming to Highlands, they're beaten before the game starts.

Just got back from out of town and was looking forward to reading about the game. There seems to be more talk about the facilities and babysitting problems??? I just wanted to add my two cents, if not for Tyler Seidle Ryle scores two more times...he came across the field to catch Elliot from behind. The defense played very well and the offense stepped up and made big plays when needed. At this time of the year they seem to be on course!!! Go Birds 20n10

It's what happens when fans from Park Hills chime in. Their more concerned about concessions, facilities, and the chants the students come up with other than the actual game. Probably a good reason for that though.:sssh:

Money required to improve lighting and turf. Common sense and sportsmanship required to fix sideline situation. Let fans use steps outside of bench area and rope off the bench area to keep fans away. Teams use the area in the middle for benches to improve safety and sideline situation. Fans then would not be walking in what is normally a player area on all other fields I have played on. Have not seen too many fans walking on the Highlands side. In case of fire, the exits would be used behind the benches, because players would immediately clear bench area and move to middle of field to allow fans out. Not a problem at all. It's an easy solution to fix bench area problem. And, lots of big money available to fix 1 and 2.

Whether you are from Highlands or play agaisnt them, pro-Highlands or otherwise, there is just no way this post does not make sense. As does, frankly, TOG's suggestion. This sideline issue does not decide the outcome of the games, and certainly didn't in this Ryle game, but why not take steps to eliminate a problematic situation? It really shouldn't be something that the visiting team has to deal with - they have plenty enough to deal with playing a team like the Bluebirds.

Whether you are from Highlands or play agaisnt them, pro-Highlands or otherwise, there is just no way this post does not make sense. As does, frankly, TOG's suggestion. This sideline issue does not decide the outcome of the games, and certainly didn't in this Ryle game, but why not take steps to eliminate a problematic situation? It really shouldn't be something that the visiting team has to deal with - they have plenty enough to deal with playing a team like the Bluebirds.

Funny coop but did you notice that not one single HHS fans has said why HHS couldn't do what is suggested but instead came out against me and others for even thinking that maybe something isn't perfect (including some HHS fans) in Ft. Thomas?

The people who would be responsible for making any changes simply don't think it's a problem. If it is that bad or dangerous simply don't schedule Highlands. If Ryle would have won this game this would be a mute point.