Highlands 29 Ryle 14

I can't imagine why. It was a nice, new stadium with plenty of parking close by. The fans couldn't have been nicer. The only negative on the whole evening was the Deputy Dawg who chased a bunch of Highlands fans out of the end zone, and saw them off with "And I hope your team loses." Nothing about it was intimidating. That was Johnson Central's best team and they played like it. Great game. One of my favorite road trips.

Lol I remember that joker. The Deliverance music was kinda eery but I thought it was a nice place and the Bird fans could tailgate near the field and have their own stands.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine why. It was a nice, new stadium with plenty of parking close by. The fans couldn't have been nicer. The only negative on the whole evening was the Deputy Dawg who chased a bunch of Highlands fans out of the end zone, and saw them off with "And I hope your team loses." Nothing about it was intimidating. That was Johnson Central's best team and they played like it. Great game. One of my favorite road trips.

Rosie definitely saved their bacon. Awesome playoff win.

Rosie definitely saved their bacon. Awesome playoff win.

That was my favorite moment in my personal 30+ years of watching Highlands football. It happened at a time in the game when I didn't have my camera ready because the play was happening upfield to my left. I almost killed myself trying to get it turned on. Never did.

True, but Highlands did "lose" that scrimmage, so the 'Birds can be beaten. Also, JC often seems to improve as the season wears on, and so I suspect the JC team playing in November will be different (better) than the one that played against Boyle County and Knox CC.

I don't know if the level of improvement by JC that you saw last year is going to be the case JB this year. In JC's O, the QB plays such an important role. He has to be able to make that initial read and has to have great ball handling skills as he puts the ball in and then pulls it out, sometimes once and sometimes twice on a play. Lots of opportunities for fumbles if the QB and the running backs don't have a good feel for one another and aren't on the same page. With the QB and two of the other 3 backs returning this year, there was no reason for them to experience all the fumbles they have in the past at the beginning of the season. That's what killed them last year; that and the fact that their best player and leader (Dillon No. 10) missed the first 5 or 6 games last year. You may be right in that JC will improve considerably this year, but I don't think you are going to see the level of improvement from beginning to end that you saw with JC last year.

I don't know if the level of improvement by JC that you saw last year is going to be the case JB this year. In JC's O, the QB plays such an important role. He has to be able to make that initial read and has to have great ball handling skills as he puts the ball in and then pulls it out, sometimes once and sometimes twice on a play. Lots of opportunities for fumbles if the QB and the running backs don't have a good feel for one another and aren't on the same page. With the QB and two of the other 3 backs returning this year, there was no reason for them to experience all the fumbles they have in the past at the beginning of the season. That's what killed them last year; that and the fact that their best player and leader (Dillon No. 10) missed the first 5 or 6 games last year. You may be right in that JC will improve considerably this year, but I don't think you are going to see the level of improvement from beginning to end that you saw with JC last year.

I guess what impressed me most about JJ Jude and Hall was their toughness last year. They played with alot of heart and gained my respect. I'm sure they've improved quite a bit as well over the past year. The question mark looms over the rest of the squad. It is a team sport and I tend to agree with you LN.

I guess what impressed me most about JJ Jude and Hall was their toughness last year. They played with alot of heart and gained my respect. I'm sure they've improved quite a bit as well over the past year. The question mark looms over the rest of the squad. It is a team sport and I tend to agree with you LN.

Add Bratton (No. 42) to that list of very tough players JC has returning this year. He, Jude and Hall are tough, hard nosed kids.