Fun with Pelosi: Did Jesus have a right to life from the moment of conception?

"Concieved" in the medical sense - really. Sperm - egg - all of that good stuff.

RIiiiight.:rolleyes:

Matthew 1:20 NIV - But after he had considered this, an angel of the LORD appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Luke 2:21 NIV - [Jesus Presented in the Temple] On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.

Some of us just go by what the actual words in our Bibles have to say Ace! :thumb:

Matthew 1:20 NIV - But after he had considered this, an angel of the LORD appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Luke 2:21 NIV - [Jesus Presented in the Temple] On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.

Some of us just go by what the actual words in our Bibles have to say Ace! :thumb:

No you don't.

Word. :thumb:

No you don't.
Thank you for speaking for us. :rolleyes:

I get the feeling I'm being judged... :idunno:

Yeah, whatever. Your statement that led to that response was meant to judge, so I just shot it back. Shall we go down the list of all the things that Jesus says YOU (the general you, I shouldn't have so personalized it the first time) should do that We don't. So to say "we go by what the Bible says" is really not true.

Nearly all of my posts on BGP arise out of my belief on what Jesus says in the Gospels. I know that is hard for most of you to believe, but it is equally hard for me to believe that staunch supporters of war and guns and yes, even the almighty invisible hand of capitalism are also following what the Bible says. I find it hard that those who belittle the poor and think that many of them are "evil" (my word based on reading of posts) are practicing the virtues of Jesus. Those who claim "it is MY money" are not following the teachings of the scripture. I fall in and out of these categories almost daily, so I am pointing fingers all the way around including at me when I say - we do not "simply go by what the Bible says."

Yeah, whatever. Your statement that led to that response was meant to judge, so I just shot it back. Shall we go down the list of all the things that Jesus says YOU (the general you, I shouldn't have so personalized it the first time) should do that We don't. So to say "we go by what the Bible says" is really not true.

Nearly all of my posts on BGP arise out of my belief on what Jesus says in the Gospels. I know that is hard for most of you to believe, but it is equally hard for me to believe that staunch supporters of war and guns and yes, even the almighty invisible hand of capitalism are also following what the Bible says. I find it hard that those who belittle the poor and think that many of them are "evil" (my word based on reading of posts) are practicing the virtues of Jesus. Those who claim "it is MY money" are not following the teachings of the scripture. I fall in and out of these categories almost daily, so I am pointing fingers all the way around including at me when I say - we do not "simply go by what the Bible says."

I see where you are coming from here to a point. But it seems to me in this day and age there are not too many people who select to live thier life by these virtues. Nancy Pelosi for sure! Conception is conception, life is life. She's aiding to something here. And if you can't tell me that in this video she was pandering then you are just blind.

Ace, you didn't say we you said you so I would thing you would be able to see why we took it the way we did.

Who on here belittles the poor? I don't know of anyone that does. Now, I do belittle the dregs of society that are lazy, shiftless degenerates. There is a big difference between them and the poor, a huge difference in fact and many of the degenerates are "evil" in my book.

I seriously would like to know how you think Jesus was conceived since you took such offense at me and a few others here. After all, the Bible does use the word conceived.

Ace, I believe we are called to use our intellects and spirits to evaluate whether something is good (and worthy of our support) or bad (to be shunned or resisted.)

If we are not called to… or are not able to “judge” between good and evil; how can any of us ever be accountable for our own disobedience… “sins”?

Under such a scenario, how could any of us possibly miss out on Heaven? Why would the Bible clearly instruct us that we will all individually face judgment and that many will in fact join the devil and his angels in a place called Hell? Some in fact will claim to have been doing God’s business only to be rebuked by “the Word” and consigned to Hell.

If there is no accountability and judgment from which to be rescued (saved), why was it necessary for Jesus to suffer the cross?

I am not attempting to determine the eternal destiny of (judging) Nancy Pelosi. I genuinely hope to see the princess in Heaven for the next trillion years. I wish Hell on no one. In this ultimate regard, I sincerely dare not to judge anyone… it’s above my pay grade… and thankfully so.

I do believe however; it is acceptable to point out that the dreamy words in her speech do not remotely align with her actions on the issue of abortion.

At best, this is merely vapid pandering on her part; at worst, it is evil deception. I am in no position to know the intents of her heart and to “judge” which… but I am able to point out that whether by intent or oversight, the end result is equally evil and clearly out of line with the views of the Church she openly embraces and the Word as represented by her Church.