Fun with Pelosi: Did Jesus have a right to life from the moment of conception?

'cept He wasn't conceived.

This is just stupid. It is not even a conversation.

Nancy Pelosi speaking to a Catholic Community Conference on Capitol Hill in May 2010:

“My favorite word is the Word…

…is the Word… and that is everything… it says it all for us…

…and you know the Biblical reference… you know the Gospel reference of the Word… and uh, that… Word… is uh… we have to give voice to what that means in terms of uh, public policy that would be in keeping with the values uh, of the Word…

…the Word…

…isn’t it a beautiful word when you think of it… just covers everything…

…the Word… heh, heh, fill, ya’know, fill it in with anything you want, but of course we know it means uh, the Word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us… and that’s the uh, the great mystery other of our faith… we’re… will come again… will come again… so we have to make sure we’re prepared to answer in this life or otherwise uh, as to uh, how we have uh, measured up.”

When G.W. Bush referenced his faith, he was described as a kook and dangerous. The same with Sarah Palin.

Where are the separation of church & state wonks out to fillet the dear Speaker?

Where's the ACLU?

Where are all the mainstream media watchdogs mocking the distinctly vapid pandering of Pelosi?

You know, I actually have no problem with Nancy expressing her faith in Jesus Christ and her awareness that as a servant of the American people, she is under God’s judgment for the manner in which she carries out His values via public policy. This may be one of the few positions the princess has expressed that I would actually agree.

The problem is... her dreamy words and her actual record of strongly supporting abortion do not even remotely align. Her actions are very clearly out of line with the 2,000 year position of her Catholic Church… and by extension… the Word... the Word.

The fact that she was speaking to a Catholic Community Conference on Capitol Hill, and essentially telling them what she thought they would like to hear, in clear disregard to her actual track record says everything about a politician willing to ransom her own soul for a grasp on power…

...and yes Ace… it is stupid.

Nancy Pelosi speaking to a Catholic Community Conference on Capitol Hill in May 2010:

When G.W. Bush referenced his faith, he was described as a kook and dangerous. The same with Sarah Palin.

Where are the separation of church & state wonks out to fillet the dear Speaker?

Where's the ACLU?

Where are all the mainstream media watchdogs mocking the distinctly vapid pandering of Pelosi?

You know, I actually have no problem with Nancy expressing her faith in Jesus Christ and her awareness that as a servant of the American people, she is under God’s judgment for the manner in which she carries out His values via public policy. This may be one of the few positions the princess has expressed that I would actually agree.

The problem is... her dreamy words and her actual record of strongly supporting abortion do not even remotely align. Her actions are very clearly out of line with the 2,000 year position of her Catholic Church… and by extension… the Word... the Word.

The fact that she was speaking to a Catholic Community Conference on Capitol Hill, and essentially telling them what she thought they would like to hear, in clear disregard to her actual track record says everything about a politician willing to ransom her own soul for a grasp on power…

What do you mean by the bolded? She doesn't adhere to YOUR version of Christianity . . .

Where's the ACLU?

Just so everyone doesn't throw me in with any ACLU or Cindy Sheehan camps:

I have no problem with anyone professing their faith. Didn't have a problem with GWB, and don't have a problem with S Palin.

And, Palin IS a kook, but it has 0 to do with her faith. :D

What do you mean by the bolded? She doesn't adhere to YOUR version of Christianity . . .
I'm not that narrow Ace... :thumb:

She doesn't adhere to HER version of Christianity... or at least the version of Christianity she openly espouses. She professes to be a faithful Roman Catholic.

Following comments she made suggesting that the CHURCH was not 100% clear on when life begins, Washington Archbishop Donald Wuerl corrected her by pointing out that the Catechism of the Catholic Church has been clear for 2,000 years. "Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception … Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law.”

She put herself in the position of being judged by the values of the Word, via her public policies. A high ranking official of the church she embraces... a representative of the Word on earth made it very clear that at least one of her public policies is out of line with the unflinching position of the Word for two millennia.

People change, God does not.

If a fetus was considered a human by God in 1 B.C. all the public opinion in the world will not change that in 2010. :thumb:

Just so everyone doesn't throw me in with any ACLU or Cindy Sheehan camps:

I have no problem with anyone professing their faith. Didn't have a problem with GWB, and don't have a problem with S Palin.

And, Palin IS a kook, but it has 0 to do with her faith. :D

Glad you got that off your chest... :lol:

'cept He wasn't conceived.

This is just stupid. It is not even a conversation.

He wasn't? Hmmm....

Wrong !! Jesus was concieved by the Holy Spirit ( Ghost ) and born of the Virgin Mary .
Thank you! I thought I'd missed something all these years. :lol: