FIBA 17U World Basketball Championship

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team USA was only leading China by 10 with less than 3 minutes left in the 3rd period tonight before they errupted and ended up winning by 40.

Team USA plays Egypt tomorrow, then Serbia on Wednesday night, Coach Cal is also here now and is supposed to watch at least watch the next two days.

I did speak to Gilchrist breifly at dinner tonight at the hotel, He noticed my "Envy Our Past" shirt and we talked for a few, He LOVES Cal! Maybe I can arrange a Ustream session sometime, LOL.

If you see any of the TMZ hacks milling around the lobby, please kick them in the "shins" for the rest of us. :D

Team USA beat Team Serbia 112 - 75 but this game was a bit closer than the final score. Serbia jumped out to an early lead, I THINK it was about a 10 point lead, and lead 24 - 21 at the end of the first period. But in the second period Serbia made a few questionable changes in their line up and suffered because of it, and only managed 9 points in the second period. Half time is was USA 52 - 33. There were a couple of points in the 3rd period that Serbia looked like they may make a run but did not, but they did keep the game around 20 and under, but ended the period -4, end of the 3rd it was USA 78 - 55.

Both Tennessee and Kentucky are very interested in one of our Serbian players, 6'8 1/2" Nemanja Besbradica, who had 21 Vs the USA.

Starting tomorrow all of the games will be broadcasted over the internet. USA plays Australia at 10:45 AM eastern time. Serbia plays Poland at 3:15 PM eastern, one of these two teams should meet the USA in the finals on Sunday. I will either be on the Serbian bench or in the chair right behind the coaches, in a blue shirt :)

I didn't pay too much attention to Australia, but their PG #4 Hill is pretty good

GT, Canada plays at 8:30 AM eastern Vs China, China has a nice team, you will be impressed with #7.

Games are on TV through fiba.com from here on out. USA plays Australia at 10:45 AM today, and Serbia plays Poland at 3:15 PM. # 14 for Serbia, Nemanja Besbradica, is the one on our team that both Cal and Pearl want!

Cal, Coach O and Pearl are still here, Miss St and Billy D showed up today as well as a lot of others.

USA plas Canada today at 1 PM eastern in the first semi final game. Serbia lost last night at will play Germany at 10:45 AM eastern today. All games are broadcasted live on fiba.com.

I know all teams suffer with the same problem, the hotel does not have air conditioning, but Serbia was very tired and worn out, just sitting in the hotel rooms during the day is at times unbearable! They say since we are very far north in Germany that the hotel doesn't usually need air conditioning, but every day we have been here it's been warm to hot! The hotel is only about 1/2 mile from the game site, but they need to make sure that all tourney hotels in the future have air conditioning, it's not fair to the kids, some teams like the USA went out and bought two fans for every room to try and help out the situation.

USA plas Canada today at 1 PM eastern in the first semi final game. Serbia lost last night at will play Germany at 10:45 AM eastern today. All games are broadcasted live on fiba.com.

I know all teams suffer with the same problem, the hotel does not have air conditioning, but Serbia was very tired and worn out, just sitting in the hotel rooms during the day is at times unbearable! They say since we are very far north in Germany that the hotel doesn't usually need air conditioning, but every day we have been here it's been warm to hot! The hotel is only about 1/2 mile from the game site, but they need to make sure that all tourney hotels in the future have air conditioning, it's not fair to the kids, some teams like the USA went out and bought two fans for every room to try and help out the situation.

Wow, that is crazy. Hard to imagine a place without air conditioning, especially at a host hotel.

Games are on TV through fiba.com from here on out. USA plays Australia at 10:45 AM today, and Serbia plays Poland at 3:15 PM. # 14 for Serbia, Nemanja Besbradica, is the one on our team that both Cal and Pearl want!

Cal, Coach O and Pearl are still here, Miss St and Billy D showed up today as well as a lot of others.

Glad you are having a great time, what an experience!! Enjoy and keep the updates comng.