Music Trivia, .....

MountainThunder

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton is correct with 56. Followed by The Beatles (51), Madonna (48), and Stevie Wonder (45).

One of those examples where The Beatles' lack of longevity worked against them, and a good guess on my part.

Here's a bone for all you Skynyrd fans: What are/What is the significance of "The Swampers?"

One of those examples where The Beatles' lack of longevity worked against them, and a good guess on my part.

Here's a bone for all you Skynyrd fans: What are/What is the significance of "The Swampers?"

They are the Muscle Shoals Rythym Section, a group of studio musicians, that are referred to in "Sweet Home Alabama".

They are the Muscle Shoals Rythym Section, a group of studio musicians, that are referred to in "Sweet Home Alabama".

And adding to that, Muscle Shoals is where they did a lot of early studio work and produced many of their biggest hits. Their time there is what brought about that song "Sweet Home Alabama". Sadly, there are many people out there that have no idea Skynyrd is from Florida.

And adding to that, Muscle Shoals is where they did a lot of early studio work and produced many of their biggest hits. Their time there is what brought about that song "Sweet Home Alabama". Sadly, there are many people out there that have no idea Skynyrd is from Florida.

If you're a fan of Drive-By Truckers (the nearest thing to Skynyrd that's out today making music), you're familiar with the song "Three Great Alabama Icons," which addresses this. Those icons, of course, being Bear Bryant, George Wallace and Ronnie Van Zant.

I always thought they were from Jacksonville,FL?

If you're a fan of Drive-By Truckers (the nearest thing to Skynyrd that's out today making music), you're familiar with the song "Three Great Alabama Icons," which addresses this. Those icons, of course, being Bear Bryant, George Wallace and Ronnie Van Zant.

Yeah I like Drive By Truckers a lot. One of the few newer type bands out that I like. Most music that comes out today is garbage.