State AAU Tourney

52 teams total in the 15-16 and 17s this coming weekend! When looking at the schedule please keep in mind that they are also using Laffayette HS, which will be court #6.

Looks like DSAS, SS-KY (Price) and the NKY Bulldogs should be the favorites. SS-Davis will have their hands full with the BA Hoyas and Clay Co.

How have these 17s looked so far this spring?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SS-Ky team has played very well so far this year. The team is off to an 18 win and 3 loss start. Jake Geisler, Scott Schuette and Kellen Smith are having a very good summer. The addition of Kevin Shaw, Jake Thelan and Walter Alexander have made this team even more talented. I expect them to be in the mix with a chance to win the championship.

This should be a great weekend of basketball. But I think that everyone is making a big mistake thinking that the Shining Star-Davis team is down. They have played in some very good tournaments and played with a very short bench. This will be the first weekend that they are at full strength. Adding Ryan Fucci will be a big addition. I would still consider them to be the team to beat this weekend.

This should be a great weekend of basketball. But I think that everyone is making a big mistake thinking that the Shining Star-Davis team is down. They have played in some very good tournaments and played with a very short bench. This will be the first weekend that they are at full strength. Adding Ryan Fucci will be a big addition. I would still consider them to be the team to beat this weekend.

When they get to full strength they will be tough to handle. Still consider them to be favorites this weekend.

Very well coached team with a lot of talent and they play well together.

Does anybody know anything about West Ky Elite?

Here is a listing of players from Demling's blog.

Jesse Anderson, Sr., Graves County, Western Kentucky Elite

Blake Clark, Sr., Marshall County, Western Kentucky Elite

Josh Forrest, Sr., Paducah Tilghman, Western Kentucky Elite

Leonard Smith, Sr., Fulton County, Western Kentucky Elite

Jay Middleton, Sr., Ballard Memorial, Western Kentucky Elite

Brock Simmons, Sr., Calloway County, Western Kentucky Elite

Aaron Cooper, Sr., Graves County, Western Kentucky Elite

J.D. Harmon, Jr., Paducah Tilghman, Western Kentucky Elite

Dylan Johnson, Sr., Fulton County, Western Kentucky Elite

I think that SS-KY is a dangerous team. Adding Thelen to that team along with the other bigs (Geisler and Brown) allows this team to go deap into the bench. They also have solid guard play with Shaw, Smith and Schuette. I've seen shaw play for this team, and according to the SS website his numbers show he is the real deal. Anyone know how Nick Gray of SK is doing on this team?

I also think that SS-Davis will compete for the state championship. This team is loaded, the issue is that they just arent very deep right now. Adding Fucci is a huge addition. I also think that Lyonell Gaines is one of the better players on this team. His game has come so far in the last 2 years.

I also like the NKY Bulldogs in Lexington because the core of this team has been together for years. They have talented, strong and atletic bigs who work hard under the basket. Vollet should get way more credit than he does. The guard play is also solid with Trammel and Flesch. The newcomers on this team have also added solid defense and quickness. Anyone know if Montgomery will be with this team for the State tourney?

I have heard the BA Hoyas are a real nice team. Should be interesting to watch with Marks, Sweat and company.

I feel the same way about WKY Elite, Forrest is a stud. I've heard he has football scholarships though.... wonder if he'll be down in lexington???

Anyone know who all plays for the Charlotte Court now?

Good luck to all teams!

In the 17s, Front runners to win the pools should be:

A: The Truth

B: Clay Co

C: NKY Bulldogs

D: SS - Price

E: DSAS

F: The Truth

A: I am not too sure about Madison Co? Anyhone know anything about them? But the Truth AKA DSAS West or whatever usually has a very nice team, and a good coach who is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet!

B: Clay Co has played all year long, they never take a break, it's mostly the same team from the Clay Co HS team this past year. Big strong mountain boys who can flat out shoot! Davis and the rest of the field better be ready for a very physical game and guard their outside shots.

C: We kept hearing all spring how good the Bulldogs are, I guess we will find out in a few days, Sounds like they are very strong and will be one of the top teams to beat. Will the state get to see how underrated Hodges really is? As has been started many times on here.

D: SS-Price, one key word there "PRICE"! His teams are always talented and you cannot ask for a better coach. I look for them to be in the finals. Price, fron Cincy, if he was in NKY coaching at a HS the state would know more about NKY basketball!

E: DSAS another well coached team, actually the coach I would not want to face deep in the tourney. Plus he keeps finding players to add, this is the first year he had to actually tinker a lot with his personnel, and it seems to be working. I look for them to be in the finals.

F: The Truth Sheehan, this coach never stops, if you are not ready to play forget about it, his teams always are, from his younger teams to his 17s. A National Championship winning coach.

Ok, time to get off my iPhone and actually get ready to go to work, lol

Edited by SportsGuy41017