State AAU Tourney

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HS age players have their state AAU tourney next weekend at the KBA, who are the favorites?

I would say that the DSAS are hands down the favorite in the 17U, can anyone stop them?

Would like Shining Sar-Davis chances if they are going to have everyone there for that weekend.

Will know a little more about Shining Star Ky after this weekend in Bloomington.

Based on their win over Shining Star Davis last weekend I would probably take DSAS as the early favorite.

I look for the NKY Bulldogs and SS-KY to compete for a top spot. SS-Davis hasn't been overly impressive IMO, still a great team that can compete and beat anyone (especially with Fucci, wow!). I have also heard that the BA Hoyas are a team to watch for. DSAS has been a good move for Gilbert from what I understand and they are really good. Should be a great tournament.

For 15U, the top teams are (in no particular order):

KY Elite

Western KY Hoopstars

Royal Family

Hoop Dreams

Shining Stars - Bundy

Hoops Elite Gators

BA Hoyas are supposed to be good and I don't think you can count out KY Select. If Dominique Hawkins is with Madison County Colonels they will be tough and Charlotte Court will compete. This is by far the most wide open field I have seen in the state in this age 2013 age group (or any age group any year for that matter). The Ville have dominated it the last 3 years. I won't be surprised if any of a group of about 8 teams wins it this weekend.

I look for the NKY Bulldogs and SS-KY to compete for a top spot. SS-Davis hasn't been overly impressive IMO, still a great team that can compete and beat anyone (especially with Fucci, wow!). I have also heard that the BA Hoyas are a team to watch for. DSAS has been a good move for Gilbert from what I understand and they are really good. Should be a great tournament.

That's the worse thing about AAU ball is that you don't know who will be playing with who from one week to the next. AAU is like college ball ,who ever recruits the best is usually the winner.

SS-Davis hasn't been overly impressive IMO,

I have heard from several people who agree with this, Not the same as last year, hear they are a bit worried for this week.

Downsizing, compacting, streamlining what ever you call it, DSAS are on a roll and with the new additions I see them taking the top spot, hands down! Coaching is the best in the state!

I have heard from several people who agree with this, Not the same as last year, hear they are a bit worried for this week.

Downsizing, compacting, streamlining what ever you call it, DSAS are on a roll and with the new additions I see them taking the top spot, hands down! Coaching is the best in the state!

I do know at one time they were playing with six players. It seems as though that would be tough. They don't have a lot of size either.