Where is the outrage?

Brian Cushing, NFL Defensive ROY, suspended 4 games for PEDs. Hasn't really been a front page story...haven't seen a thread on BGP...Evan Longoria was AL ROY in 2008, what if he tested positive?

Why the double standard for baseball?

My thinking is because the use of PED's by perceived first ballot Hall of Famers that has left everyone wondering who wasn't on PED's. I mean you are talking Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa,Palmeiro, Pettite, ARod and Manny, etcetera, etcetera. I think if Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, Ladanian Tomlinson(can't call him LT anymore), Manning Brothers, Brady, Moss, T.O. and Peterson all tested positive or were widely believed to have used PED's then I think it would be a bigger story.

I think, if anything, it's because steroids and the like have long been a part of the NFL, so it's not seen as a big surprise when a player gets busted. Plus, football stats aren't sacred the way baseball's are (were).

I think, if anything, it's because steroids and the like have long been a part of the NFL, so it's not seen as a big surprise when a player gets busted. Plus, football stats aren't sacred the way baseball's are (were).

How do you know PED's haven't long been apart of baseball. Everyone just assumes that baseball players in the late 70's and early 80's weren't doing them. Personally I think that's naive. Also I think it's because baseball thinks way too much of it's self. From the writers to the hardcore fans. The first ballot crap is a prime example. Either your a HOF'er or you aren't. They cry cheater when they think a player is taking PED's but make a joke out of a pitcher doctoring the ball. Or a hitter corking the bat. I will also never understand why all the player's from the 70's and 80's get a pass for taking amphetamines while the players of today are crusified for HGH and steriods.

Which all-time records in the NFL did Cushing break while on roids? He's a nice player, but his use of PED's doesn't compare to what McGwire, Bonds, the Rocket and others were doing does it?

What records has ARod broken? Manny? Ortiz? or the other dozens of players linked to it or at least guilty by association.

How do you know PED's haven't long been apart of baseball. Everyone just assumes that baseball players in the late 70's and early 80's weren't doing them. Personally I think that's naive. Also I think it's because baseball thinks way too much of it's self. From the writers to the hardcore fans. The first ballot crap is a prime example. Either your a HOF'er or you aren't. They cry cheater when they think a player is taking PED's but make a joke out of a pitcher doctoring the ball. Or a hitter corking the bat. I will also never understand why all the player's from the 70's and 80's get a pass for taking amphetamines while the players of today are crusified for HGH and steriods.

If you think players benefited from "greenies" the same way they have with HGH and anabolic steroids, then I don't know what to tell you.

So now it isn't records they just have to be potential HOF guys.

Here's what I mean.

A. The PED users in baseball are guys that either use and saw their game reach new heights, used and became better players at ages where they should have declined, used to stay healthy or overcome injuries, or D all of the above.

B. In baseball records for whatever reason are held in a higher regard by the general public than records of the NFL, NBA and NHL.

C. The NFL has not seen a huge investigation into their players usage of PEDs to the Level that the MLB has seen.

Cushing used steroids, and had a great rookie season. However, steroids did not take him to the level of a Ray Lewis or LT did they? My point is, who cares if he took steroids? He's not that important in the grand scheme of things in the NFL, at least yet. Barry Bonds, McGwire, Clemons, ARod and others mentioned in the MLB steroids scandal are huge names in baseball, some of the biggest of this era. Take the NBA for instance. People would care alot if Kobe or Dwight Howard got caught taking PEDs, but if Tyreke Evans or Brandon Jennings got caught it wouldn't be as big of a story IMO(though it would be bigger than the Cushing incident, but you get the picture).