Sizemore Signs

Gtown is NAIA ie scholarship basketball.

Is this kid a walk-on?

I was wondering the same thing. Nothing against Brandon, but to put things in perspective for some, Steven McFarland (Boone) went to G'town on scholarship and Brandon is no where near the player or talent that McFarland is/was.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering the same thing. Nothing against Brandon, but to put things in perspective for some, Steven McFarland (Boone) went to G'town on scholarship and Brandon is no where near the player or talent that McFarland is/was.

He's good enough for Georgetown to want him and they weren't the only college interest he had at the NAIA level.

Do walk-on's sign a Letter of Intent?

He's good enough for Georgetown to want him and they weren't the only college interest he had at the NAIA level.

Brandon is a good HIGH SCHOOL POINT GUARD, but I'm not so sure he's the caliber player for a school like G'Town that is traditionally one of the better NAIA schools in the country.

If he indeed got offered a scholly, congrats and I wish him nothing but the best, but it's my PERSONAL OPINION that G'Town could have gotten someone better to fill that void.

Not positive on this but to my understanding he is going to Eastern, KY. for an education not sure if he is even going to try to walk on, to my understanding he is not.

I have also heard the same thing about Casey.

Georgetown also fields a JV team and it also appears that they redshirt a lot of their incoming freshmen.

Walk ons do not sign a letter of intent but in some instances when a player commits to walk on at a school the high school still has a "signing" cermony to celebrate the players accomplishment.

Not sure if that is the case here or if Sizemore actually did receive an athletic scholarship. Either way it is agreat way to continue his basketball career.

Walter, sounds like you are still bitter about the way Brandon and the newport kids beat your holmes kids. We all know you loved them. but no he is not a walk on, and yea they was not the only school he could had played at. And as far as your Boone county kid he did not even play last year he was hurt. So hope they did not waste a scholarship on him. Congrats Brandon you worked hard and proved all people like Walter who said you could not do it wrong.

Walter, sounds like you are still bitter about the way Brandon and the newport kids beat your holmes kids. We all know you loved them. but no he is not a walk on, and yea they was not the only school he could had played at. And as far as your Boone county kid he did not even play last year he was hurt. So hope they did not waste a scholarship on him. Congrats Brandon you worked hard and proved all people like Walter who said you could not do it wrong.

Amen!

I don't think Walter was taking a shot at Sizemore. I think that anyone who is familiar with G'Town basketball would be asking the same question. If you look at their roster Coach Osborne has a lot of D1 transfers and JUCO players and this allows him to compete on the national level for NAIA. His true freshmen that he recruits in the state of Kentucky are traditionally big time players like McFarland or Russ Middleton from Mason County.

Coach Osborne signs players that everyone usually sits back and says that they could have played at a bigger and better school than Georgetown and if he doesn't get you the first time he is more than "happy" to talk to you about coming back the second time.

If Sizemore got an athletic grant in aid to G'Town to play basketball then that is fantastic but as someone who follows G'Town basketball I was a little surprised as well. Not a shot at Sizemore just an observation as to G'Town traditionally recruits in state kids.

I don't think Walter was taking a shot at Sizemore. I think that anyone who is familiar with G'Town basketball would be asking the same question. If you look at their roster Coach Osborne has a lot of D1 transfers and JUCO players and this allows him to compete on the national level for NAIA. His true freshmen that he recruits in the state of Kentucky are traditionally big time players like McFarland or Russ Middleton from Mason County.

Coach Osborne signs players that everyone usually sits back and says that they could have played at a bigger and better school than Georgetown and if he doesn't get you the first time he is more than "happy" to talk to you about coming back the second time.

If Sizemore got an athletic grant in aid to G'Town to play basketball then that is fantastic but as someone who follows G'Town basketball I was a little surprised as well. Not a shot at Sizemore just an observation as to G'Town traditionally recruits in state kids.

Good post, he is a very good spot up shooter but seemed a little shaky at times against the Holmes press. I can gurantee G-town will be a step up from Holmes' press. I wish him the best and love the fact that Newport won the Region and some of their players are moving on to play in college.

I will give you that Gtown will be a big step of from Holmes, but you can say that about any Northern Ky kid who has sign to play anywhere.Not sure how you can say he was shakey against them, he played them 3 times and had 6 assist to 3 turnovers I will take that against a good time like Holmes every night. One thing Gtown will get is a kid that will work his tail off and do what every it takes to win.He is a kid since his freshman year has got better and better every year. I think he will continue to improve. It might take him a few years but he will do what every it takes.

I'd bet my house the young man will be on the JV team and we should be thrilled for him as its a strong school. He has a chance to play basketball after high school which is a thrill to many. There's no saying he can't work his way upto varsity and play for Happy.

He will not be on scholarship.

We're talking about a team that gets D1 transfers on an annual basis. We're talking about a team that took Pitt to the wire a few years ago.

Lets cut Walter some slack on this one. He's absolutely correct.

I'm not bitter at all my friend. I root for any nky kid that goes on to play at the next level. The better they do, the more exposure it gives to younger kids in the area in future years.

My point was, looking at G'Town's roster, Brandon simply doesn't fit in with those caliber players. That's not saying he can't work his way up and become a nice player for the Tigers, but as it's already been stated, Georgetown is traditionally one of the better NAIA teams in the COUNTRY.

Think about this for a second....McDaniel, from what I've heard, is likely going to play at the D3 level. Can you honestly say Sizemore is a better college prospect than him?

I wish nothing but the best for young Mr. Sizemore. It's just my PERSONAL OPINION (once again) that his game would have been better suited for a much smaller school.

Well good thing your opinion means nothing, cause coach osborne thought different. I know for a fact he his the one that called brandon about coming to Gtown. Not sure but I do think Brandon has to pay very little to not only continue his basketball career but good a great education at a great school and he should be proud of that. As far as Casey he chose to turn down better basketball schools than Gtown to go to school at Eastern.