Teague To UK

gametime

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously??? They are still mired in the longest Final Four drought in school history, and yet again, now have to hope that a bunch of unproven college kids can keep it together to win a bunch of games, let alone 4 straight in the premier tourney in the world. Lastly, how can you tell if UK's SOS is going to be so favored in their corner again like this year's #31 ranking it had....I feel this was the year, and they may have another, but some of you are starting to get a little over zealous like this is a Trinity / X football thing in KY, in expectations.

So UK isn't in much better shape than what Billy Clyde left it? If you don't see that, then there is no sense in continuing the discussion. UK fans are happy that the program is back on track and these players were the reason why. Going from an NIT 2nd round exit to the elite 8 is a big step.

So UK isn't in much better shape than what Billy Clyde left it? If you don't see that, then there is no sense in continuing the discussion. UK fans are happy that the program is back on track and these players were the reason why. Going from an NIT 2nd round exit to the elite 8 is a big step.

The most humorous part of it all is that in the past, if a UK fan got upset over an Elite Eight they were talked down to about their unreal expectations and how they couldn't always have a Final Four or a championship...

Then they get excited over a squad that played exciting basketball and reached the Elite Eight (after a few rough years), and now they see that as cause for us to be disappointed.

It made me laugh, at least.

No....they were elite this past season, and likely will again in 2011, that said, elite teams, IMO, can be classified as an under-achiever if they don't at least get to the Final Four....last I checked the "Promised Land" isn't the Elite Eight.

Tell that to everyone who supported Tubby over the years.

Could be some great news. Hopefully between Teague, Gilchrist and a myrid of other high school stars for 2011, UK will be looking tougher then ever for a couple years now.

I know Coach Cal and UK have gotten some grief of late for the one and done mindset that was seen from the 2009 class. However, I don't think anyone a year ago would have thought UK was going to lose almost the entire freshman class. Eric Bledsoe and Daniel Orton were definately not seen as one and done guys at least with in the framework of this team. Sadly, I think the landscape and unknowns of the NBA right now, as well as their own family issues have made both guys want to leave. Still, even Demarcus Cousins was viewed initially as 50/50 on whether he could perform to the talent that he'd be a one and done player.

I think this current exodus of players will hopefully be an anomally. Maybe I am wrong or having wishful thinking, but I feel the next couple seasons we will lose one to two guys early and retain one to two. This is how programs typically begin to stock up and become consistent National Contenders. Furthermore, I hate to think it, but statistics should bear out that one of the guys leaving from this past season will probably falter and while I hate if this happens to whomever, Calipari needs to use this to show certain kids why sometimes you need an extra year to build upon.

GT, as always, I appreciate your news, definately one of the most trusted sources on this site!

:D Tubby did win a national tittle his first year with far less talent than the 2009-2010 team. Something to think about.

Yeah, an experienced club who had been to the final game the previous two years. Who would have guessed that?

The most humorous part of it all is that in the past, if a UK fan got upset over an Elite Eight they were talked down to about their unreal expectations and how they couldn't always have a Final Four or a championship...

Then they get excited over a squad that played exciting basketball and reached the Elite Eight (after a few rough years), and now they see that as cause for us to be disappointed.

It made me laugh, at least.

:thumb:

Yeah, an experienced club who had been to the final game the previous two years. Who would have guessed that?

Haha, to be honest hoopboy, I didn't going into that season. We had lost a total of what? 5-6 first round NBA guys in two years? Our starting PG and maybe one of my favorite UK PG's of all time was gone (Epps). Team loses it's head coach. I don't think anyone realized how great Nazr and Magloire were going to be, or how amazingly clutch Sheppard, Padgett and Mills would be. Plus Evans and Turner were consistent at getting to the basket. And I'm not even including Allen Edwards who I believe was a former McDonald's All-American if not at least top 50 recruit.

Still, never thought that team would do it. (off topic I know, but just saying)