April 22, 201016 yr That's certainly putting the cart before the horse, IMO....you have no idea what the future truly holds. Could there be allegations? Could the NBA change their stance on the one and done tactic? Could the NCAA? UK "seems" to be on solid ground now, but it is a foundation built upon un-proven 18 year olds. That seems like a high risk stock acquisition IMO. If us fans are happy why do you have to poop on our party? Go read some Jon Scheyer biographies or something. :sssh:
April 22, 201016 yr If us fans are happy why do you have to poop on our party? Go read some Jon Scheyer biographies or something. :sssh: I could......at least it would include a Final Four and a Title....:dancingpa
April 22, 201016 yr You know, if Wroten really tweeted that, and I'm sure he did, I would be shocked if some UK fans didn't actually go up there for his announcement... This class will be the best of all-time. Hands down IMO. Gilchrist, Teague, Miller, Wroten, and possibly O'Bryant.....:eek:
April 22, 201016 yr You know, if Wroten really tweeted that, and I'm sure he did, I would be shocked if some UK fans didn't actually go up there for his announcement... This class will be the best of all-time. Hands down IMO. Gilchrist, Teague, Miller, Wroten, and possibly O'Bryant.....:eek: I agree, on paper, that's the best class of all time.
April 22, 201016 yr All the happenings of the past couple weeks on the recruiting front keep bringing me back to the article Greg Doyel wrote last year right after Cal was hired. And yes, I realize they haven't won anything yet, but that article about how college basketball is now unfair, just seems appropriate at this time.
April 22, 201016 yr RockPride ... you are sounding like one of the 18% - just in a different shade of blue. Thanks for joining the party.
April 22, 201016 yr I could......at least it would include a Final Four and a Title....:dancingpa Now thats funny :lol:
April 22, 201016 yr Author Looks like I'm going again. Teague still has not informed UC or UL of his decision so might as well go watch the chaos...
April 22, 201016 yr I could......at least it would include a Final Four and a Title....:dancingpa Heard that. Looking for a repeat as well (minus Scheyer on this next one though). :dancingpa
April 22, 201016 yr On a side note, what made the 2009 class so memorable. An Elite Eight finish? They played a rather mundane schedule, and struggled in a few road games, they seemed to have won more than they should've....just askin'. Because of where we were when the clock hit 00:00 vs. Notre Dame in the 2009 NIT versus where we were when the clock hit 00:00 vs. West Virginia a few weeks ago. Big Blue Nation is disappointed that we didn't make the Final Four this year, because we should have. While I agree that the Elite Eight is not quite the Promised Land, it's certainly a vast improvement from the mediocrity that was UK basketball during Tubby's last two years & BCG's only two years. Should Cal win a title in the next 5-7 years, the 2009-10 group will be viewed in a much similar way as The Unforgettables are viewed now. That won't be very fair, because The Unforgettables overachieved in numerous ways, but I'm just saying that's how it will be.
April 22, 201016 yr Looks like I'm going again. Teague still has not informed UC or UL of his decision so might as well go watch the chaos... Is this normal--not informing the schools who failed to win the jackpot? On a side note, I'm much more confident about Teague now that you have chimed in on it tonight. It's pretty sad that 46% of my conversations lately begin with the following words: "Gametime said..."
April 22, 201016 yr No....they were elite this past season, and likely will again in 2011, that said, elite teams, IMO, can be classified as an under-achiever if they don't at least get to the Final Four....last I checked the "Promised Land" isn't the Elite Eight. Maybe next tourny they will get lucky enough to be put in a cakewalk bracket like Duke had this year:cool:
April 22, 201016 yr Is this normal--not informing the schools who failed to win the jackpot? On a side note, I'm much more confident about Teague now that you have chimed in on it tonight. It's pretty sad that 46% of my conversations lately begin with the following words: "Gametime said..." I'm in that boat as well!:clap:
April 22, 201016 yr Author Is this normal--not informing the schools who failed to win the jackpot? I think UL and UC will get the call before things go down tomorrow. This hasn't been easy on Teague and his family because the relationships were so strong at all 3 schools...
April 22, 201016 yr Is this normal--not informing the schools who failed to win the jackpot? You've never seen kids do the press conference thing with hats from two or three different schools?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.