Is Trinity No. 1 in the State?

With their recent Louisville Invitational Tournament title, Trinity and Josh Sewell have made history winning the "big 3" regular season tournaments held in Kentucky, with the senior forward Sewell winning the MVP award of all three. They beat Ballard, Eastern, and J'town in 2 days to win the LIT and look to me like the most complete team in the state.

Who do you think deserves the top spot? Is Trinity better than Scott County, Holmes, and the other top teams outside of Louisville?

Congrats to the Rocks...I got to see all three games this weekend...Josh played awesome and he hustles every minute he is on the floor. Quite frankly I thought Ballard and J-Town had more talent...and Eastern was a talented team that couldnt hit last night. The coaching staff at Trinity should be applauded for their efforts also. All three teams pressed Trinity's guards and made it tough on their point guards. Trinity's zone kept the game at a pace they wanted and they capitalized . Tough district and region to say the least. Whoever makes it to the State Tournament out of the 7th Region has had a great year. :thumb:

With their recent Louisville Invitational Tournament title, Trinity and Josh Sewell have made history winning the "big 3" regular season tournaments held in Kentucky, with the senior forward Sewell winning the MVP award of all three. They beat Ballard, Eastern, and J'town in 2 days to win the LIT and look to me like the most complete team in the state.

Who do you think deserves the top spot? Is Trinity better than Scott County, Holmes, and the other top teams outside of Louisville?

Trinity........Yes............Yes................Yes........:thumb:

It'll be tough for Trinity to beat them again. I worry that the Rocks are peaking way too early. You want to be playing your best basketball once the Districts start, and whoever does that out of Trinity, J'town, Eastern, and Ballard will likely win the 7th Region.

You shouldn't worry. Trinity will be fine should they get out of their district. Sports reporting is all about impartiality. You're doing fine.

Agreed! At this point in time Trinity should be #1. They beat the best of the best in the 7th. However, they are NOT head and shoulders above any of these teams. Every game that they won was very close. This can mean one of two things, they can win the close ones or if a team gets hot in the 4th quarter they could be in trouble. Trinity could win the 7th or they may not make it out of their District.