Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville vs. Kentucky predictions

Who wins? 113 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think the bench play is about even. UK is pretty deep bringing in big man (Orton), good defender (Harris) and solid shooter/scorer (Dodson) off the bench.

  • Replies 159
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think UK will pull away late by about 11 or so.

 

I see the game going this way also... UofL is pretty bad at free throws, and also bad at fouling while in their press. If it comes down to free throws, UK wins comfortably down the stretch.

  • Author
No UofL fans have chimed in yet, so I'll be the first. The Cards don't have a chance. UK has them outmatched at every position on the court. The only one even close is Samuels. I'd say it's a wash with him and Cousins. I'd also argue that UofL has a better bench, but not enough better to be a factor.

 

 

 

 

I think that my very first post in this thread proves that UofL has a very good chance.

UL has zero chance of beating UK on Saturday. Coach Cal can't wait to drill Pitino in Rupp. They will need to take the roof off of Rupp to accomodate the ego's in this one. The CATS will go through the motions tomorrow night as they will be looking ahead to UL. They will want this one bad. Cousins does not equal Samuels, he is far superior. Cousins leads the nation in PPG and RPG on a per minutes/played basis. I can't wait for fans to put a saddle on Pitino's back and ride it till the final buzzer. This will be a fun one to watch. Wall will put on another "show".

 

UK-91

UL-64

I disagree with the bolded... I'll take Smiths experience and tenacity on the defensive end over the freshman ANY day. And Darius Miller just simply isn't better than Delk... Other than that, the match-ups look pretty fair to me.

 

Yeah, normal Jerry Smith I'd take over Bledsoe. But Jerry hasn't been himself since the injury to the achilles. That may be a wash too.

I see the game going this way also... UofL is pretty bad at free throws, and also bad at fouling while in their press. If it comes down to free throws, UK wins comfortably down the stretch.

 

UofL isn't bad at free throws this year, they have been over 70% all year, leading the Big East most of the season.

UL has zero chance of beating UK on Saturday. Coach Cal can't wait to drill Pitino in Rupp. They will need to take the roof off of Rupp to accomodate the ego's in this one. The CATS will go through the motions tomorrow night as they will be looking ahead to UL. They will want this one bad. Cousins does not equal Samuels, he is far superior. Cousins leads the nation in PPG and RPG on a per minutes/played basis. I can't wait for fans to put a saddle on Pitino's back and ride it till the final buzzer. This will be a fun one to watch. Wall will put on another "show".

 

UK-91

UL-64

 

Samuels averaging 17pt and 8 boards.

 

Cousins is averaging 15pt and 9 boards.

 

So how is Cousins far superior? Looks to be pretty even to me. You can't bring the mpg into the equation. Cousins mpg are low because his coach has to take him out of the game a lot, to control him or because of foul trouble.

I think UofL's best chance would be if Preston woke up tomorrow healthy and 6'6. A lot of guys are going to have to play the game of their life for this to be a Cardinal win.

On paper UK should destroy UL. However, they don't play the games on paper.

 

I'm gonna be the first to do it:D

 

UL 79

UK 73

I changed it to >>>, that mean infinity in my system.:deadhorse::lol:

 

I said UofL's bench has the edge because of depth, and there isn't a drop off when they come in. Siva, Knowles, Jennings, Kuric, Buckles will all play big minutes.

 

Pitino played 11 players in the first half yesterday.

After seeing Louisville about six weeks ago against Arkansas, I thought this young Kentucky team would have a difficult time beating Rick Pitino and the Cardinals.

 

Having seen Louisville several times in the past couple of weeks, and having seen every Kentucky game, my opinion is different.

 

I think Louisville will have a plan versus Coach Cal and the Great Wall which will keep it a close game.

 

Can't wait!

My concern is that Pitino will have a great gameplan against the Wildcats. If Kentucky is unable to knock down some outside shots, UL may win.

 

If Kentucky can knock down a few outside shots, they should win comfortably. But, everything goes in this rivalry.

 

I'd love to see us go down low early & often with Cousins & Patterson. I think we'll tear Samuels apart...

 

I look for DeAndre Liggins to have a big game, and of course, John Wall. I'm thinking a triple double for Wall, with or without Knowles on him. :D

I hope Preston has a big game and UK wins by 10+.

Not even close...

UK 92

UL 71

 

No one to guard Wall, end of story.

Not even close...

UK 92

UL 71

 

No one to guard Wall, end of story.

 

:laugh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.