Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville vs. Kentucky predictions

Who wins? 113 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Interesting post game comments from Sosa last night. Talked a lot about the game with UK. Said he received a lot of nasty messages after hitting the shot to win the game last year, some even threatening him. Said they expect the fans to taunt Pitino and that he hopes it's not too bad because it has nothing to do with the game. Basically the same thing Cal was saying the other night, it's about the players.

 

Also said UK, up until this point in his career, has been the toughest place he's ever played... and that was a double digit lead nearly the whole game. Said he can't imagine what's it's going to be like now that UK is this good.

  • Replies 159
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Interesting post game comments from Sosa last night. Talked a lot about the game with UK. Said he received a lot of nasty messages after hitting the shot to win the game last year, some even threatening him.

 

 

 

People never cease to amaze me. Get a life people.

People never cease to amaze me. Get a life people.

 

Yeah kind of laughed it off, saying this is a game. It's not that serious. I have never understood why some people take it so serious, us fans can't control the outcome of a sporting event. And, the outcome (win or lose) is not a reflection of a fan or fan base.

:idunno:

  • Author
Yeah kind of laughed it off, saying this is a game. It's not that serious. I have never understood why some people take it so serious, us fans can't control the outcome of a sporting event. And, the outcome (win or lose) is not a reflection of a fan or fan base.

:idunno:

 

 

Coach Calipari has practically been begging the fan base to show some class tomorrow. I certainly hope the fans at the game show some class like their beloved coach has asked.

Interesting post game comments from Sosa last night. Talked a lot about the game with UK. Said he received a lot of nasty messages after hitting the shot to win the game last year, some even threatening him. Said they expect the fans to taunt Pitino and that he hopes it's not too bad because it has nothing to do with the game. Basically the same thing Cal was saying the other night, it's about the players.

 

Also said UK, up until this point in his career, has been the toughest place he's ever played... and that was a double digit lead nearly the whole game. Said he can't imagine what's it's going to be like now that UK is this good.

 

There was an article about this as well. Just can't find the link.

 

Coach Calipari has practically been begging the fan base to show some class tomorrow. I certainly hope the fans at the game show some class like their beloved coach has asked.

 

Not unless hell freezes over! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Coach Calipari has practically been begging the fan base to show some class tomorrow. I certainly hope the fans at the game show some class like their beloved coach has asked.

 

I think he and everybody else knows that the vibe is likely to be as ugly, if not worse, as when Pitino made his first visit to Rupp as an opposing coach.

The more I think about this game, it really comes down to two positions on the court IMO. Point guard and in the post. Sosa will not stop John Wall, it just wont happen, but I do think he can counter him on the offensive end. Going at Wall may cause him to pick up a couple early fouls, obviously benefiting the Cards.

 

In the post, UK is going to have a HUGE advantage in the Patterson/Swop match-up. That will get ugly, quick. My hope is that TJ can come in and handle Patterson off the bench. I would LOVE Rick to start TJ and Mardo, but it wont happen.

 

I like our chances in the Mardo/Cousins match-up. I think Cousins is the most vulnerable to the hype and atmosphere of this game. He's shown signs of immaturity so far this season, and if Mardo can play well, I think he'll come out on top of that battle.

 

Pitino is very good about teaching the double team trap down low. Cousins or PP will have to recognize it and pass to the open man without turning it over. This is a big key to the game.

Yeah kind of laughed it off, saying this is a game. It's not that serious. I have never understood why some people take it so serious, us fans can't control the outcome of a sporting event. And, the outcome (win or lose) is not a reflection of a fan or fan base.

:idunno:

 

:thumb:

Louisville fans seem to be worried about the Swopshire / Patterson match up. If I was a Louisville fan, I'd be much more concerned with the Cousins / Samuels matchup.

 

Cousins has been an absolute beast all season. He hasn't played as many minutes as other players, but has been just as effective. If he knocks down his free throws, it's impossible to stop him. He's an NBA body.

 

I look for Louisville to get very physical with Cousins early on. They'll lose this battle, but I think the M.O. is to get Cousins out of his comfort zone and frustrated. It isn't too difficult to do, but I'm sure the coaching staff, PPAT and John Wall will talk to him and try to keep him under control. If Boogie is focused and maintains that focus, he'll dominate down low. If not, Cal will pull him and we'll rely on Orton & Patterson. I love both of their games and I think they complement each other well. But neither is the presence that Cousins brings to the block.

 

I also look for them to attack John Wall defensively. He has been very good defensively lately; however, he still has some lapses where he relies too much on his own God-given ability (the same can be said about multiple players.) Pitino will try to exploit this with his senior, more experienced guards. Attacking Wall may put him in foul trouble, which is Louisville's best chance to win. Or, it could lead to a lot of easy baskets in transition for the Wildcats.

Louisville fans seem to be worried about the Swopshire / Patterson match up. If I was a Louisville fan, I'd be much more concerned with the Cousins / Samuels matchup.

 

Cousins has been an absolute beast all season. He hasn't played as many minutes as other players, but has been just as effective. If he knocks down his free throws, it's impossible to stop him. He's an NBA body.

 

I look for Louisville to get very physical with Cousins early on. They'll lose this battle, but I think the M.O. is to get Cousins out of his comfort zone and frustrated. It isn't too difficult to do, but I'm sure the coaching staff, PPAT and John Wall will talk to him and try to keep him under control. If Boogie is focused and maintains that focus, he'll dominate down low. If not, Cal will pull him and we'll rely on Orton & Patterson. I love both of their games and I think they complement each other well. But neither is the presence that Cousins brings to the block.

 

I also look for them to attack John Wall defensively. He has been very good defensively lately; however, he still has some lapses where he relies too much on his own God-given ability (the same can be said about multiple players.) Pitino will try to exploit this with his senior, more experienced guards. Attacking Wall may put him in foul trouble, which is Louisville's best chance to win. Or, it could lead to a lot of easy baskets in transition for the Wildcats.

 

Cousins very well may have a huge game, he has quite a size advantage on Samuels. But you made the case against why he doesn't worry me as much. He has a problem keeping his composure. UofL is going to try to frustrate him with fast, aggressive double teams, IMO.

 

I also think Pitino will use Jennings against him a lot. Jennings is a much better defeneder/shotblocker. You make a good point though, if Cousins is dominating down low, UK will cruise. Cousins has really only played against one defensive oriented squad (UConn). It will be interesting to see how he responds.

From Jody Demling on twitter:

 

jdemling --Rick Pitino: "John Wall might be the first player I have ever coached against that is unpressable."

Boogie is averaging 15 and 9 in 19 minutes a game. If he is controlling the paint, it's over.

Cousins very well may have a huge game, he has quite a size advantage on Samuels. But you made the case against why he doesn't worry me as much. He has a problem keeping his composure. UofL is going to try to frustrate him with fast, aggressive double teams, IMO.

 

I also think Pitino will use Jennings against him a lot. Jennings is a much better defeneder/shotblocker. You make a good point though, if Cousins is dominating down low, UK will cruise. Cousins has really only played against one defensive oriented squad (UConn). It will be interesting to see how he responds.

 

Have you watched UK much? Cousins gets frustrated, but he's always been very productive. He'll make some stupid fouls and people get nervous because they expect him to do something stupid, but he hasn't...yet.

 

Honestly, I can't say that I blame Cousins for getting frustrated. He's so big that other players are allowed to be very physical with him. It doesn't affect him too much, and the refs let it go. But as soon as he returns the favor with some physical play, the other player cannot handle it and Cousins gets called for the foul. I understand that he's big and strong and all that, but it has to be frustrating.

From Jody Demling on twitter:

 

jdemling --Rick Pitino: "John Wall might be the first player I have ever coached against that is unpressable."

 

Wow.

Who here hopes that UL gets completely and utterly humiliated by UK on national television this weekend? I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

 

UK by 73.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.