Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville vs. Kentucky predictions

Who wins? 113 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think the line will be UK-9.

  • Replies 159
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If UK in on top of their game will beat UL by plus 15 if not game will be a tight one as have many of these games have been no matter which team is favored.

No chance we lose to UL at home. Mark it down UL wins, I'll support a UL avatar for a week if UK loses. Cal won't let this team have a let down. Look for Wall to have a huge game.

 

UK 76

UL 67

 

One with Preston Knowles in it??? :D

For the past 3 years all we've heard is how great a defender Knowles is....I can't wait to see what Wall does to him, if they put Knowles on him. :p

If UL is lighting it up from outside,this one will be a lot closer than everyone is expecting.

For the past 3 years all we've heard is how great a defender Knowles is....I can't wait to see what Wall does to him, if they put Knowles on him. :p

 

Yeah, I'd look forward to the future #1 pick in the NBA draft doing work against a lightly recruited, non-starter, heart and hustle kid like Knowles too.:lol: Knowles is a very good defender, I take it from your comment you don't think so. I'd say most coaches in the Big East would disagree.

 

That being said, Knowles will not guard Wall. The zone will attempt to guard UK. UofL can't match up man-to-man with them. If they are in man it will be in the press. If they do go man, it will be Sosa and Knowles.

Yeah, I'd look forward to the future #1 pick in the NBA draft doing work against a lightly recruited, non-starter, heart and hustle kid like Knowles too.:lol: Knowles is a very good defender, I take it from your comment you don't think so. I'd say most coaches in the Big East would disagree.

 

That being said, Knowles will not guard Wall. The zone will attempt to guard UK. UofL can't match up man-to-man with them. If they are in man it will be in the press. If they do go man, it will be Sosa and Knowles.

 

Do I think he's a good defender? Absolutely, I do. I'm just saying all I've heard on here for the past 3 years from UofL faithful is that he's such a great lockdown defender. I look forward to seeing how "great" he really is, if UofL allows it.

No UofL fans have chimed in yet, so I'll be the first. The Cards don't have a chance. UK has them outmatched at every position on the court. The only one even close is Samuels. I'd say it's a wash with him and Cousins. I'd also argue that UofL has a better bench, but not enough better to be a factor.

 

Wall >>> Sosa

Bledsoe > Smith

Miller > Delk

Patterson >>> Swopshire

Cousins = Samuels

UK bench

 

Pretty simple, breaking it down position by position, UK is easily the favorite. The Cards have trouble containing guards who can break people down off the dribble. That's a strength of UK. The Cards like to run and gun, (this year) so do the Cats, and they have more fire power. UK has a more physical post game, Pitino has been great at defending the post in his career using aggressive double teams. But the problem is you can't afford to leave Wall and double team these post players.

 

The only chance the Cards have of keeping it close is turning over the young UK guards and making a good % of their 3's. Two things they are capable of doing. UK is turnover prone, and are vulnerable to the 3. But UofL is way too inconsistent on making both happen. In the end, the Cats will win this game in the paint and on the free throw line.

 

 

UK-79

UofL-65

Do I think he's a good defender? Absolutely, I do. I'm just saying all I've heard on here for the past 3 years from UofL faithful is that he's such a great lockdown defender. I look forward to seeing how "great" he really is, if UofL allows it.

 

He is great, but he ain't superman. No one in the college game has been able to stay in front of Wall, I have no reason to believe PK would be able too. That's not a slight against PK, he'll give 100% effort given the oppurtunity. That's just a compliment toward John (freaking) Wall.:thumb:

No UofL fans have chimed in yet, so I'll be the first. The Cards don't have a chance. UK has them outmatched at every position on the court. The only one even close is Samuels. I'd say it's a wash with him and Cousins. I'd also argue that UofL has a better bench, but not enough better to be a factor.

 

Wall > Sosa

Bledsoe > Smith

Miller > Delk

Patterson >>> Swopshire

Cousins = Samuels

UK bench

 

Pretty simple, breaking it down position by position, UK is easily the favorite. The Cards have trouble containing guards who can break people down off the dribble. That's a strength of UK. The Cards like to run and gun, (this year) so do the Cats, and they have more fire power. UK has a more physical post game, Pitino has been great at defending the post in his career using aggressive double teams. But the problem is you can't afford to leave Wall and double team these post players.

 

The only chance the Cards have of keeping it close is turning over the young UK guards and making a good % of their 3's. Two things they are capable of doing. UK is turnover prone, and are vulnerable to the 3. But UofL is way too inconsistent on making both happen. In the end, the Cats will win this game in the paint and on the free throw line.

 

 

UK-79

UofL-65

 

I think that's a pretty good assessment, although I think the benches are pretty evenly matched, and I would make Wall>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sosa, but other than that...:thumb: :lol:

I think that's a pretty good assessment, although I think the benches are pretty evenly matched, and I would make Wall>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sosa, but other than that...:thumb: :lol:

 

I changed it to >>>, that mean infinity in my system.:deadhorse::lol:

 

I said UofL's bench has the edge because of depth, and there isn't a drop off when they come in. Siva, Knowles, Jennings, Kuric, Buckles will all play big minutes.

Rivalry game, anything can and does happen. No guarantee UL wins, but UK will have a let down at some point this season, Pitino's players will be on a mission to prove they aren't out yet too.

UofL's upperclassmen have no choice but to step up in this game. Sosa, Smith, Samuels and Delk have to play good games. I like our chances to make UK turn it over, even with Jesus wearing #11 in blue. UK has been prone to give up a lot of three's, and if Louisville knocks down those opportunities, they'll win. Bottom line for me, Louisville has to weather the storm at the beginning of the game. If they can come out and keep UK from going on a huge run early in the game, I like our experience and I like our chances.

 

On paper, UK is the better team and should definitely win at home. I could see this game being anywhere between UK winning by 15-20, to Louisville winning by 10. Too many variables for me to pick against my team though.

No UofL fans have chimed in yet, so I'll be the first. The Cards don't have a chance. UK has them outmatched at every position on the court. The only one even close is Samuels. I'd say it's a wash with him and Cousins. I'd also argue that UofL has a better bench, but not enough better to be a factor.

 

Wall >>> Sosa

Bledsoe > Smith

Miller > Delk

Patterson >>> Swopshire

Cousins = Samuels

UK bench

 

Pretty simple, breaking it down position by position, UK is easily the favorite. The Cards have trouble containing guards who can break people down off the dribble. That's a strength of UK. The Cards like to run and gun, (this year) so do the Cats, and they have more fire power. UK has a more physical post game, Pitino has been great at defending the post in his career using aggressive double teams. But the problem is you can't afford to leave Wall and double team these post players.

 

The only chance the Cards have of keeping it close is turning over the young UK guards and making a good % of their 3's. Two things they are capable of doing. UK is turnover prone, and are vulnerable to the 3. But UofL is way too inconsistent on making both happen. In the end, the Cats will win this game in the paint and on the free throw line.

 

 

UK-79

UofL-65

 

I disagree with the bolded... I'll take Smiths experience and tenacity on the defensive end over the freshman ANY day. And Darius Miller just simply isn't better than Delk... Other than that, the match-ups look pretty fair to me.

I think UK will pull away late by about 11 or so.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.